What's new

Weekly Roundup 11/19 (1 Viewer)

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
Cool, a relaxing dvd purchase week for me finally. I'll pick up the Andromeda disc and probably the 3rd disc for Farscape if they have it cause they've been out of stock for weeks at Best Buy.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And now the car is in the shop to the tune of ~400.
I can beat that! How about $1,600 (hello? insurance company?) :) Consequently, I can't even drive to the retail chains (like Best Buy) for at least three weeks. I either have to mooch someone else's vehicle, convince them to go there and take me with them, or order on-line despite my vow not to. :frowning:

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Blockbuster prices:

Spirit $19.99
Reign of Fire $19.99
Juwanna Man $19.99

The new policies over at good 'ole BBV state that if you bring in a valid ad they will price match *any* DVD. Considering there's one 5 minutes from my house, I know where I'll be doing a lot of spending from now on!

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
When does that $9.99 deal on Harry Potter at Toys R Us start? I called my local store and they said it wasn't on sale.

Thanks.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
For the record (and - being the dude who reads these Roundup threads more than anyone else - I am uniquely qualified to say this), Jodee is hardly the only female who posts in these threads. And many, MANY others read without posting.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
actually I was referring to Annette but its good to know this isnt a guys only club. we need more women here!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Stephanie here.

I read this thread over my Husband's shoulder with a smile on my face. I always knew that he had a following here, from guys and ladies. I'm not worried about this.

Jodee

Screenwriter
Stephanie: does Dave show as much thrift with the household budget as he does with his DVD purchases?
That'd be so awesome to have a husband who would do a
Weekly Grocery RoundUp.
:D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Jodee, this is Dave again; I'll answer your question myself.

Before I even met Stephie, I hung out all the time with best friends Bart and Dawn (married couple) and Blair and Mary (married couple). They are all still my good friends, though Bart & Dawn have moved to Alabama. I admit that - sadly - we've all grown apart due to distance and family life responsibilities.

Anyway, one day I was hanging out with Bart & Dawn, and they mentioned that they had to run to the grocery store. I needed some things, so I tagged along.

When we got to the spaghetti area, Dawn started to grab the 1 lb size for just over $1.00. I pointed out that she could instead grab two of the 1/2-pound size bags for 45¢ each, and save over a dime.

Dawn expressed pleasant suprise. She said that she never pegged me for being frugal in that way.

Keep in mind that all three of us were retail store managers, and so we all dealt with figures and instant calculations in our heads all day long. For some reason, I just never struck Dawn as being the sort to apply it to a grocery shopping situation. The smile on her face as she complimented me on that ability has been an extremely pleasant memory for me ever since!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I have to say that I've been quite appreciative of Best Buy lately. Everything has met my expectations, from good deals, good in store quantities, and on time releases for B Titles.

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon for Glengarry Glen Ross, one of the last on my "I can't believe this isn't on DVD yet" list.

Thanks Dave!

SteveK

Supporting Actor
Regarding the Best Buy "Buy one, get one free by mail" special: although it isn't mentioned in the ad, "Antz" is listed on the coupon that you send in, along with the others mentioned in the ad. I'm debating between Antz and Road to Eldorado (sp?). Since Antz is currently available for under $13 at CompUSA (as mentioned above), I'll probably buy that one and get Road to Eldorado by mail. Two bucks for a DVD ain't bad!

Steve K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks