What's new

Weekly Roundup 11/19 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey, guess what Best Buy still has on sale for $349.99? That cute little Mintek portable! And guess where we just got back from? Heh.
Link RemovedI know what I'm getting for Christmas....Link Removed :D
Portable DVD player for me...Gamecube for her...what's the young one get? Ummm...saltines? :laugh:

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I'm probably gonna be stuck without a car until Tuesday and therefore unable to check this weeks circulars. Does anyone know if there are any good sale prices on the Treasure Planet Soundtrack, Matchbox 20, and Audioslave(Chris Cornell with Rage Against the Machine- Zack de la Rocha) cd's?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Target, too. And - once a month when they release a circular - WalMart does, too.

Circuit City does not, unless I've been pretty stupid all of this time. Got a link?

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
CircuitCity.com has a link on the front page to view the "Weekly Ad" but I don't see DVDs or CDs in any of the categories.
However, if you go to www.salescircular.com they should have the prices for DVDs (not CDs.)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Dave, is the My Science Project on your list, the 1985 Touchstone film with John Stockwell and Dennis Hopper?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Portable DVD player for me...Gamecube for her...what's the young one get? Ummm...saltines?
Hows about a crust of bread and some water? Lumps of coal?
You better do alright by your little Superman, or I'll, I'll, I'll.....I'll tell him to go stick his tongue on that cold metal flagpole out there along with Flick! ;) In fact, I'll triple dog dare him to do it! :D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Micheal... I got CB:BS for ~$23 shipped from Barnes/Noble's website (www.bn.com)... that's the lowest price I have seen. It will be $29.99 at Best Buy on Tuesday.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Dave, you do know that the DVD for My Science Project has been out for a while now? ;) When I bought it, K-Mart was selling it for $6.99 (along with a bunch of other Anchor Bay titles). I've heard nothing about a re-release or a re-pricing.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh. I guess its worth noting that I got a small catalog from Borders in the mail this weekend (I guess Borders thinks of me as a preferred customer.... :rolleyes:...even if other stores don't!)
On the back of the catalog is a coupon for 10% off "your total purchase" and is valid between 11/13 and 12/24.
Its not an incredible offer, but I find it interesting that Borders is now billing itself as "a haven for home theater fans". In the catalog, they highlight the Buy one DVD, get another DVD free off included in the MIB II, Spiderman, and Mr. Deeds DVDs. They also highlight ten pages of DVDs.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
all my brothers and now apparently a sister on Dave's roundup need to RUN not walk to best buy on tuesday and pick up Glen Gary Glen Ross.... It is in my top five prolly of all time! sight unseen it is totally worht it! great ensemble cast, great story, but one thing if languague offends you STAY away!
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Looks like nothing this week for me. Thankfully, after FOTR:EE, AOTC, SW Original Trilogy online order, ST III, and a few other cheapies, plus the box sets of Batman and Beverly Hills Cops, I'm pretty tapped out. And now the car is in the shop to the tune of ~400.

Oh well.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I might buy Friday/Next Friday for $20 this week. (Best Buy sale)

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I was so excited for a second there:
Sweet Bird of Youth is coming out on DVD this week?! How did I miss that?
Alas, it's not the Richard Brooks/Paul Newman/Geraldine Page classic. It's a Nicolas Roeg/Elizabeth Taylor/Mark Harmon made-for-TV version from the late '80s.
I guess I'll rent it while I continue to wait for the real version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks