Mike Frezon

Here we go, RoundUppers!

Another week of new releases.

I am thankful that it's a quiet week for me. I'd like to pick up Scarface (1932) sometime... Quiet week for you?

Seems like lots of members here are fans of Suspiria...

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Quiet week for you?
Thank you, Mike! And, yes, I don't need anything this week either.

I appreciate his talent but am not particularly attached to Bruce Springsteen's music. So I wasn't sure what to expect with Blinded By the Light. But I liked it way more than I expected to in theaters and would recommend it as a rental whether or not you're a fan of Springsteen. it's not about him at all and the story that it does tell is unique and compelling.

I expect I'll end up with the disc sooner or later. But after buying both The Peanut Butter Falcon and the Frozen II soundtrack this week, I don't need to spend release date prices on that next week. I'll wait and see if it gets a price cut as the holidays approach.

That's the only title that draws my attention this week.

David Weicker

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
CharlIE’s Angels: Complete Series
Abbott & Costello box

Green For Death (UK - Network - 18th)

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
Without any hesitation, I recommend "The Bad and the Beautiful" as a blind buy to anyone that hasn't seen this great film. It's probably the best movie ever made about Hollywood and the movie industry with some terrific acting performances and dialogue.

Matt Hough

Director
Reviewer
Real Name
Matt Hough
Some nice classics up for grabs this week including, as others have said, The Bad and the Beautiful, Scarface, and the A&C box. I'll be waiting on the latter. Big boxes in the past come down drastically after about a year, and I have all of those films at least on DVD (and a few already on Blu), so I can wait it out.

Thanks for the prices, Mike.

Rodney

Effects Supervisor
Premium
I'm getting a few this week:
  • Abbott & Costello: The Complete Universal Pictures Collection - got early from Shout Factory, just need some time to watch it
  • The Bad and the Beautiful
  • Scarface
And from the UK:
  • Green For Danger

I have the Criterion DVD and cannot wait for this blu-ray upgrade. Alastair Sim is great in this.

Reactions: David Weicker

Scott Merryfield

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Seems like lots of members here are fans of Suspiria...
Thanks for the prices, Mike. I am one of those Suspiria fans, and bit the bullet on the price for the 4K upgrade. I may pick up The Bad and the Beautiful, too. Not sure if Target is still running their Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale.

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ree