JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon Wow! On BR?!?

Thanks, John! I'll be checking that out!

That's right Mike. I got seasons 1-5 of Weeds and 1-3 of Mad Men on BR for $65 total plus tax. You probably know that Ultimate has regional sales, so just because they have that offer here in Colorado doesn't mean it is everywhere. I am pretty sure it is a two day sale too. I went at 6 PM (they close at 7) and they still had a few copies of everything.

BTW, at our store, there was ZERO signage on this sale as well as about 100 BR movies for $7.95 each. When I asked, the guy handed me a list of the sale movies.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks for the Roundup!! Looks like some really good titles shipping out this week.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich /forum/thread/305814/weekly-roundup-11-16-2010#post_3750410

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
If It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Very Sunny Christmas is a reissue of the same Blu-ray disc released this time last year, the review for it is here.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Links to the HTF Blu-ray reviews of Sondheim! The Birthday Concert and Twilight Zone: Season 2 have been added to the OP.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by David Norman

Price Matching and using the coupon at Best Buy is a crap shoot. For that matter even using the coupon at BB is an ordeal for some folks.
Tell me about it (using coupon at BB)--one BB store refused to accept my legit manufacturer's coupon because it wasn't an "original"...w/ their definition of "original" meaning that it had to be in color--what a load of cr@p! I asked the cashier as to what happens if the customer didn't have access to a color printer...she essentially said "too bad." She said that they would only accept "color" coupons because it was easy for someone to mass-produce "black and white" coupons; I then asked her what's to prevent someone from trying to redeem a copied color coupon and how would you be able to tell if a colored coupon was an original or a copy? Needless to say, she had that dumbfounded look that people have when they can't come up with a good counterargument to your witty response...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I was fortunate to be near a Target today and got to pick up the Avatar Special Edition BR, took advantage of the extra $3 off to pick up Wolverine BR, and also got Cats & Dogs 2 BR.

Huge deal on that Avatar set. The shelf tag shows their everyday price will be $39.99.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Jason you were right. I had no problem gettin BB to match their online price, I just showed them their site on my phone. They had no problem taking the $10 Disney coupon either. I almost picked up Last Airbender 3D, but then I thought I should do a bit of research first. From what I have read the 3D in the theater was aweful and the 3D BD has NO extras. I think I will be better off with the BD/DVD combo for $22.99

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Good deal, Adam. The people at those two BB's are usually on the ball and very very gracious for people like us who use price matching and coupons.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Mike, the flip side to that is you ending up in the Pacific Northwest to experience the hospitality yourself. And we'd be able to finally meet the legend-ary Mike Frezon!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Just picked up the Metropolis BD for ~$25+tax locally from J&R as part of my qualifying purchases toward an essentially 10%-back J&R GC for the holiday shopping season.

Also received my preordered copy of the Avatar SE BD set yesterday from Amazon -- I made use of their extra $5-off on combined purchase w/ the Master & Commander BD (when that was ~$12.50). Had originally bought the regular edition Avatar BD off eBay a long while back, but it turned out to be a bootleg copy (for which I was reimbursed).

Gonna head on over to the nearby B&N now to see if I can score some Criterion BDs of Modern Times and maybe Night of the Hunter or perhaps some other title(s) if those are not in stock. The current B&N Criterion sale is ending this weekend, and tonight is probably my last opp to pick up anything else locally from it (for a better deal than online)...

_Man_

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon Good for you.

I'm going to have to start keeping a much closer eye on UE.

Ultimate does have insane sales, especially on BR fairly often. I know I went there one day and got BRs of Atonement, Pride & Prejudice, Unforgiven, A History of Violence and a couple others for $7.50 each. You're right though, 3 seasons of Mad Men and 5 seasons of Weeds on BR for $65 is kind of hard to believe.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm pretty sure Colorado is as far west as UE goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks