What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-15-2005 (1 Viewer)

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
I'm willing to bet this is a computer triggered thing - it would be looking at sales and costs and setting the price without a human involved.

In this case I could see a reorder taking place without a pre-release discount by the studio - or it could be a discount was offered on a slower selling edition.

Rarely do they override the computer, as it helps tweak their P&L's faster than a real live buyer could.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

LOL...I will pass that on to the proper authorities tomorrow! I'll keep you posted on any further developments!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Made a quick run into Wal-Mart tonight.

At their $4.88 Universal display...which was really big, BTW...I snagged both Out of Africa and MacArthur. :emoji_thumbsup:

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Just got back from a business trip, so I haven't had a chance to buy dvds this week. Looks like a good thing, cause I'm crossing Cheers off my list due to music replacement. :frowning:

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I just opened up my copy of Madagascar and inside are 2 DVD coupons (they are both about the size of gift cards):

Save $3.00 on Shark Take or Shrek or Shrek 2
Manufacturer's Coupon Valid 11/28/05 Through 1/31/06

Save $3.00 on War of the Worlds (Dreamworks)
Manufacturer's Coupon Valid 11/22/05 Through 1/31/06

Here's some pics (sorry about the lousy quality):

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks