1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly RoundUp 11-13-2018

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Cancelled my Amazon Olaf preorder...Best Buy has it for $14.99 now. So I ordered and I'll pick it up tonight.

Amazon's price on Throne of Atlantis 4k is $15.82 right now. Assuming mine doesn't ship today, I'll cancel that and price match at BB tonight as well.

Jake Lipson likes this.
  2. David Norman

David Norman Producer

First report of the Amazon Edition of The Meg 3D -- 3D disc only + Digital

No slipcover
    No 2D discs which sounds like also removes most of the special features/extras

Sounds like a more expensive way to get an infererior set compared to Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon.ca or virtually anyplace else that carries the standard edition.

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I think this issue with Amazon needs to be elevated on the forum as the membership needs to be made aware of this before Black Friday sales. @David Norman, can you start a thread regarding what Amazon is doing in the Blu-ray section of the forum as I want to sticky that thread and have people comment so that many of us are aware that Amazon is eliminating certain elements from their video releases?

4. David Norman

David Norman Producer

I put up a draft listing some of the items I know about. If that isn't quite what you were aiming at, please edit/shorten/expound on it in any way.

5. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Screenwriter

Bryan
    For those interested, my Wal*Mart had ST Discovery Season 1 on Blu-Ray for $34.96 and yes, i bought it ... I decided to order the 4k UHD Rambo films at $14.99 each (less $2.25 RED Card discount) I understand they are supposed to be cheaper BF @ BB but my experience is that often either the deal is not available, requires store pick up, or is not in stock... last year I was still getting BF deal movies in the mail in mid- January :(

Sorry but ... quote-i-want-it-all-and-i-want-it-now-freddie-mercury-87-96-17[1].

6. Message #26 of 28 Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    Thank you for the tip on this price difference. I went to Best Buy for it as well and would not have done so if you hadn't mentioned them being cheaper. I am fine with the $14.99 price for this; it could have been less, but I love it and know I will use it. (Plus, I paid $14.99 to get Toy Story of Terror, so really this isn't that different.) However, I still think including Frozen Fever would have been a nice courtesy so that both Frozen spinoff shorts could have been easily accessible on the same disc for convenience. Otherwise, I'm very glad to have this. I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but I think Olaf's Frozen Adventure was actually superior to Coco.

I'm kind of surprised this is a combo pack, since the two Toy Story specials (Of Terror and That Time Forgot) each came to disc with the Blu-ray and DVD as separate releases, and I expected this to follow the same pattern. I suppose the DVD adds value for families, especially on something with a short feature, but why they didn't do that with the Toy Story specials is an open question since it's not consistent among the same type of release.

7. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Yeah...AND... Amazon is now listing Olaf's Adventure BD as "Usually Ships within 1 to 2 months."

And, "May arrive after Christmas." :rolleyes:

Jake Lipson likes this.
  8. Message #28 of 28 Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    :laugh:

I do miss the convenience of being able to click and order Disney items with reliable Prime shipping. But I've never actually skipped purchasing a title I want as a result of the ongoing feud between them and Amazon. I don't know why anyone would trust Amazon to deliver an order on a new Disney title at this point.

Knock on wood, but I'm just glad the feud extends only to movies and hasn't affected the availability of Disney CDs or other products from Amazon.

Oh, and for the record, I was so disappointed in The Crimes of Grindelwald that I cancelled my pre-order of that screenplay which I mentioned in my initial post in this week's thread.