What's new

Weekly Roundup 11/11 ...I'M BACK! (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

I know they don't have "national" prices, but the poster mentioned BB and CC in his post so I assumed both retailers were located in the same area with Wal-Mart which would've dictated Wal-Mart having a price either at $15.99 or slightly lower at $15.87 to compete with the other two retailers pricing. Also, I should have added the caveat about competitive pricing located in the same area around different parts of the country.

Crawdaddy

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Was about to mention the 3's Co - S1 at Costco price of $12.99; they also had Cool World, Dragonslayer, and Fairy Tale: A True Story for the same price ($12.99 each). Pumping Iron, too.

Eloise At The Plaza was not at Costco, though. They DID have the Lilo & Stitch DVD/board game for $17.99, however.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Robert I went to the first one by my office which EVERY week but this one they have been the Low Price Leader on all new releases (ie $14.87 on Nemo, $16.73 for Legally Blonde 2, $14.87 for Hulk etc.)

The last which had Nemo for $13.87 normally is only a few pennies different than the BB next to it.

Anyway to make long story short I went back to the WM near my office on the way home from work (its 2 blocks from me) and they had fixed their price to $15.87. I asked the supervisor in the Video dept (same one there at 8am this morning) and sh said they fixed about 2 hours ago (would have been about 4:00pm EST) because others were complaining about the high price and them not being the cheapest around like normal. She they still sold at least 200+ copies today before they fixed the price, LOL.

Oh well I guess need to go in the afternoon after I leave work instead of the morning from now on!!

Greg

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I found out tonight that my Best Buy will price match Costco, Fry's, Sams, any online retailer too, as long as they have a phone number where BB can call, verify price, and make sure product is in stock.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Dave-

Thanks for prepping the shopping list each week! What is on THIS new release of JFK? If this merely a single film release of the version that was in the boxed set? Or has Stone found ANOTHER 45 minutes to add to the movie.

What would be great is if the extras disc contained the Seinfeld episode where John Franco of the NY Mets spit on them & they end up in court...

"Back and to the left, back and to the left..."

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ed that would be great, except john franco was not in that ep. roger mcdowell was the spitter and keith hernandez was the other met in that ep.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
T3 was $15.87 for me at a local Wal-Mart.

(Note to Jeff & Scott: This was Brunswick instead of my usual stop in East Greenbush.)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Cyberhome 300 DVD Player (which is capable of multi-region play from the remote and has built-in PAL-to-NTSC conversion) for $43.86!
Tempting. I order movies from HK and although alot are R0, there are still some good ones that are only R3.
Not to mention the R2 HK Legends titles...

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks