TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Minor rant.

The target exclusive for Terminatr was only for the non 3D version

and the BB exclusive with the 90 minutes of extras also is only on the non 3D version and

the lenticular sleeve is not on the 3D version.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Best Buy has an exclusive which Mike did not note in the OP. They have an exclusive bonus disc with their copies of Trainwreck. Unlike Target's stunt last week with Inside Out exclusive content being tied to the streaming digital copy, it is actually a disc (I have it, so can confirm, though it's a DVD, not a Blu-ray)

It is held in a paper sleeve within the regular Blu-ray case, so it doesn't actually feel like there is anything in there, which gave me pause when I got it, but it's just laying inside the case in a sleeve. This is a third disc, total, since the release is a combo pack including the DVD of the film also, although there is not any kind of swinging tray, so the case itself only holds 2 of the 3 discs, requiring the sleeve for the third.

I haven't had the chance to watch it yet, but according to the sticker on the cover, there are 30 minutes of exclusive content on the bonus disc.

You'll want to be careful if you go to Best Buy for this edition, since they also seem to be selling the standard 2-disc set (movie Blu+DVD.) The way to tell them apart is that the exclusive copies are marked with a sticker that say ONLY AT BEST BUY!

Clay_E

Second Unit
Anybody know what the difference is between the BETTER CALL SAUL Blu-Ray and the "Limited Edition" Blu-Ray?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Clay_E said:
Anybody know what the difference is between the BETTER CALL SAUL Blu-Ray and the "Limited Edition" Blu-Ray?

Amazon says this about the LCE:

The Limited Collector’s Edition Includes:

-Collectible packaging with 3D art

-Exclusive postcard vinyl of the song “Better Call Saul” performed by Junior Brown

-Over 10 hours of special features including uncensored episodes, deleted scenes, a gag reel, and behind-the-scenes featurettes

But I cannot confirm that any of that is also not included on the regular edition.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I believe the Better Call Saul discs are exactly the same and the difference between the two releases is just the packaging and the postcard/record. I didn't mind shelling out an extra $5 for something a little fun and silly (it's not like an extra $40 for a statue or something) but as far as I know, the discs are the same.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Is the Terminator bonus material at Best Buy worth it? I know there is a lot of it, but it it good stuff? I wasn't able to make it out last week because of work and when I stopped in tonight at the nearby store, they were out of the exclusive version. I'm trying to decide if I should hunt it down and pay the higher price for it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
David: Sorry. But I can't answer your question.

I happened to be at a Target last Tuesday and picked up a steelbook release there. Then, I happened to find myself at Best Buy on Wednesday and thought I'd pick up their version (for the bonus content) and return the other to Target.

But, alas, my BB was wiped out of the exclusive release and, in fact, only had a few regular releases in their displays.

So, in retrospect, I was glad to have gotten the steel release (even though I'm not a steelbook collector).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks