What's new

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I think I read on one of the Star Trek threads that if you get the 3D blu of Star Trek Beyond, you'll get the code for the digital copy from iTunes. That copy should have the Target exclusive extras? I'll have to double check to see if I have that right. Never the less, I'll skip the Target exclusive abs get the regular 3D copy of STB.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Nelson,

AFAIK, redeeming the digital coupon with iTunes will get you the video commentary track; it will *not* get you all of the Target exclusives

In all likelihood there will be another release in about 6 to 8 months which will combine all of the retailer "exclusives" into one package.

I'm just getting the standard Blu-ray package from Amazon to hold me over for now.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for clearing that up about the iTunes download extra, Joseph! I remembered that was discussed on another thread as a way to get an extra. I just thought it might include what Target is offering.

Maybe a box set that includes all three movies with the extras will be out. I never got the set with the first two films that included all the extras for the Into Darkness retailer exclusives frakus.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Nelson,

I just received my Star Trek Beyond Blu-ray and redeemed the digital code which came with it on iTunes.

I got the following iTunes Extras (Viewed on my PC):
* Enhanced Commentary Track
* Beyond the Darkness (10 min 7 sec)
* Enterprise Takedown (4 min 30 sec)
* Divided and Conquered (8 min 16 sec)
* A Warped Sense of Revenge (5 min 14 sec)
* Trekking in the Desert (3 min 5 sec)
* Exploring Strange New Worlds (6 min 1 sec)
* New Life, New Civilizations (8 min 3 sec)
* To Live Long and Prosper (7 min 50 sec)
* For Leonard and Anton (5 min 12 sec)
* Gag Reel (5 min 12 sec)
* Two deleted scenes
* Two photo galleries

So, perhaps, it does include the Target extras.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Joseph. Do those extra features match up with the extras on the blu ray? My copy doesn't arrive till Thursday. (I guess Amazon didn't ship my pre-order to arrive the day of release.)

According to the overview of the Target exclusives that Osato pointed out in the other Star Trek threadat the trekcore site, the titles of the extras don't match. So perhaps the iTunes extras are not Targets. :(

http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/11/review-target-exclusive-star-trek-beyond-bonus-features/

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Nelson,

It looks like the Amazon "regular" Blu-ray release (mine is Blu-ray+DVD+Digital HD; I did not opt for the 3D) includes everything available on iTunes -- with the exception of the commentary track :unsure: and the two photo galleries:
* Behind-the-Scenes Photo Gallery
* Concept Art Photo Gallery

So, it appears that the Target Bonus Disc does include content not available on either the Blu-ray or via redeeming the included Digital HD coupon on iTunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks