What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
mike-frezon

Weekly RoundUp 11-1-2016

WRU-Banner-16-9-1024x661.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

The Features

full

– Star Trek: Beyond – 2016...
Click here to read the original article.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just Star Trek: Beyond for me this week.

Although the presence of Carole Landis in I Wake Up Screaming might push me off the fence on that title!

It might be kinda nice to have an HD release of the theatrical version of Stripes, too. Never a big fan of the extended cut.

Safe shopping, RoundUppers! And thanks, as always, for stopping by, checking things out and for any "likes" of the OP. Love youse guys!

:D

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for your work, Mike. Imelda Staunton is sensational in the production of Gypsy that Shout Factory is releasing this week, but I'm going to need the $22.99 price point to drop a little bit before I make a purchase. The Sweeney Todd concert is also fantastic -- I have it on DVD -- but since it was filmed for PBS in 2001 in 1.33:1 and with stereo sound, I'm not convinced in this case that upgrading it to HD will make the presentation that much better than my upscaled DVD already is.

If anyone is interested in seeing Gypsy without paying for the disc just yet, check your TV listings; PBS is going to be airing the show later this month as part of the Great Performances series.

As far as Star Trek is concerned, it was fine in the theater, but didn't leave enough of an impression on me to want to own it, especially given all the retailer-exclusive nonsense. Clearly Paramount did not learn anything from the Into Darkness mess, since they've gone and made the same mess this time around.

So, nothing for me at this time.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Any clue as to what's included in the 90 minutes of Target's ST Beyond exclusive?

Sorry, Peter. I got nothing.

All the Sunday flyer ad gives up is the image of the cover with the sticker. The sticker reads: "Only @ Target. Collectible Packaging + Bonus Blu-ray disc. 4 Double-Sided Collectible Cards and over 90 minutes of Bonus Content."

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Bizarre prices on those three blus of Stripes, Neighbors and Not Annother Teen Movie.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Also they didn't learn from the last Star Trek release as we see this one have exclusives that are only on the Target 2D edition and won't be on the 3D version which is already at a higher price.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Any clue as to what's included in the 90 minutes of Target's ST Beyond exclusive?
According to Target's website:
"Bonus blu-ray disc with over 90 minutes of extras including 45 minutes of exclusive content: Get a behind the scenes look at the film’s incredible visual effects, costumes and props. Plus, see how Director Justin Lin and the cast and crew of Star Trek Beyond created the climactic Battle of Yorktown, and more!"

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Thanks for the round up Mike

Target variant of Star Trek: Beyond is waiting at UPS to be shipped...

Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders Blu eventually ...

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike!

I have put in to review several other of this week's releases, but they have not arrived (request only made a day or two ago). Hopefully, I'll get some of them since the two Grables this week are a bit off the beaten path from her usual fluff.

Will definitely be buying the new Star Trek, but whether it'll be 3D or 4K, I haven't decided. Won't pay that high price for that collector's edition with everything.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And I just realized this will be the sixth release week since The Good Wife: Season 7 has been released on DVD...and I still haven't bought it!

The Amazon price has now climbed to $40.99. But at least it is listed as "in stock" but "may take an extra 1 or 2 days to process." Still an odd treatment of this release.

tumblr_inline_nqpbr66wlX1t73v0z_500.jpg

:D

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I am going to pick up some version of Star Trek. I'd like to get the 3D and it would be nice to also have a UHD version for future-proofing, so that makes the Amazon exclusive tempting.

I'll eventually get the Batman disc too.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's the least I could do after all of your hard work week after week!

:laugh:

Well, one of the things I feel strongly about is...the contributions of others to any week's RoundUp is not only welcome...but ENCOURAGED!

I never pretend that these things are complete records of what's available each week. People are ENCOURAGED to submit titles, deals, anything(!) if they have something I don't.

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
I am going to pick up some version of Star Trek. I'd like to get the 3D and it would be nice to also have a UHD version for future-proofing, so that makes the Amazon exclusive tempting.

I'll eventually get the Batman disc too.

I was committed to getting the 3D version, so getting the UHD version and the amazon exclusive for $20 more is kind of nice -- it will go nicely next to my model of the enterprise that I got as a target exclusive in 2009.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
As always, thank you very much for the RoundUp, Mike! Great job, as always. :thumbsup:
This is a big spending week for me, with four blu-ray pre-orders plus all those Christmas album re-issues from Real Gone Music.

• Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders
  • Battle of the Sexes
  • Beautiful Blonde from Bashful Bend
  • I Wake Up Screaming
I'm holding off of Doc Savage and Film Detective's Film Noir Collection until I read some reviews.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
A few things later down the road. I just don' have the stomach to watch Star Trek Beyond again right now.

Thank you Mike.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks