What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-07-2006 (1 Viewer)

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Went to BB. Price matched Sopranos for $59.99 from Frys. Picked up the Cars collector addition, got $5 off with the Pirates preorder deposit. Then added a cd to get me over $100. Chicago Bulls give a coupon for $10 gift card when you purchase $100 (White Sox had similar coupon).

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Got the target bonus disk with my Cars purchase. It seems like a reasonable deal (comes with its own case and is shrinkwrapped together with the 'normal' case). Though not overwhelming in content length the $4 difference seems to be worth it for me (even if it gets duplicated in some future deluxe set).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't see a list of individual titles for the Warner Mega Classics set.

:D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

My two favorite wiseguys! :laugh:

Scott: Not being a collector of Matchbox-type cars for the past 40-or-so years I didn't realize they were also subject to release dates and such. I guess my point was: it's a cool car based on how funny those closing credits were for Cars. Do we know then when those cars would be hitting stores...and are there any particular stores which would carry such items? Or just the basic Wal-Mart, Target, etc.?

Malcolm: You know I actually looked and couldn't find anything outside that rather sparse listing at cc.com. I sometimes onder why such listings even exist. does the product really exist? Could someone actually order it? If they wanted to order it, how would they find out what's included?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Good catch, Bonnie! :)

More good news is that you get free shipping on orders of $24 or more. I guess this qualifies! :D

I'm sure they are all good Warners DVDs. But, frankly, I did the math when I stumbled upon it originally, and 198 divided into $4243.98 = $21.43. That doesn't seem like an especially compelling reason to drop $4k+ on a package of 198 random films. It just seems odd. Would love to know why this "package" has been put together.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Can anyone comment on those Disney discs that are 5/$30 at Best Buy, specifically the Mickey/ Donald/ Goofy/ etc. cartoons? Are they worth picking up? (I don't have too many of those limited-edition Disney Treasures sets, so dupes with those aren't an issue.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks