What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-6-2009 (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by Jason_V

That's funny you should mention NQH...I just watched it yesterday afternoon. Still trying to get through all the extras, though.

I'm going through them as well. It's a good collection of material.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mark Zimmer

Dagnabit, just bought the Braveheart BD at full price. Need to stop doing that.
I stopped doing that a long time ago, Mark...except on the most desirous of releases for me. I am now tempted by the BB price on Braveheart...but figure it might be found for even cheaper soon. Can't really say, though.

Maybe you could buy a copy at BB this week and return it to the store where you bought your first copy? Just sayin'... (if the first store won't do a price match, that is).

Bryan Beckman

Second Unit
Don't forget to pick up some Hefty plates, cups, or baggies when you go out to pick up "Snow White" tomorrow. There's a $5 rebate!

I'm trying to envision the marketing connection now:

"Only the best disposable dinnerware for the hard-working little men in your home!"
"Bags strong enough to drag a comatose young woman to her Prince Charming!"

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Just a 'heads-up' for anyone who ordered Snow White from Amazon. Their sale price is now $19.99. That means with the Amazon coupon code the final price is $9.99. Pretty hard to pass that up on a 3-disc set!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Gary:

Do I need to contact amazon for the credit?

And, question #2: the adjustment would drop my order below the $25 for free shipping. How does that work?

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Mike, I called Amazon when I saw the price changed to $19.99 and realized that my order status was "shipping soon." My order reflected the $24.99 price, but I couldn't change it, so that's why I called. The CSR pulled up my order and changed the price. Re: your second question, when I placed my original order I didn't piggy-back it with anything, so I was always paying the $2.98 shipping. I am pretty sure though in your case, since the price adjustment is due to their "low price pre-order guarantee" your free shipping remains in effect. At least, that is the way it has worked for me in the past.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
For those who haven't preordered the Snow White BD yet, you might find it for *another* buck less in Amazon's Today's Deals.

For a mere $8.99 + tax, I finally could not resist the upgrade -- and also ordered the BDs of Monsters vs Aliens and Van Helsing (currently at $19.99 and $12.49 respectively) to go w/ it to qualify for free shipping.

_Man_

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
I don't see it in Today's Deals... today (Tues). But found a $10 coupon on Slickdeals.net that brings it to $9.99...

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/25036/Snow-White-Diamond-Edition-Blu-rayDVD-Combo-10

Mary_P

Second Unit
BTW, it looks like Amazon is price-matching Target on "Ally McBeal: The Complete Series" -- it's coming up at $99.99 right now.

I'd like to wait on some feedback as to whether the music is indeed intact as advertised, but I gotta admit, my trigger finger's getting mighty itchy!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Jason Merrick

I don't see it in Today's Deals... today (Tues). But found a $10 coupon on Slickdeals.net that brings it to $9.99...
The Snow White BD was in yesterday's Amazon "deals". You probably just missed the cutoff -- not too sure when, but it was probably circa 3am ET. Anyway, it was only another buck cheaper, so not a big loss.

_Man_

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
My local Target had the BluRays of X-Men, X-Men 2, and X-Men 3 on sale for $16.99 each, but they were all gone the same day they went on sale (Sunday).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ I'll personally vouch for their seasonings. It's the only way we eat popcorn...airpopped with Kernal Seasonings. :D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
There's a reason the Willy Wonka release date was confusing. The WB press release actually has both 10/6 and 10/20 on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks