What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon submitted a new blog post

Weekly RoundUp 10-30-2018
WRU-Banner-2018a-1024x661.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Big week! The long-awaited 4k/UHD of 2001 is hitting the streets. And, a Criterion Princess Bride. And, other stuff, too! :D

Have fun finding the right title(s) for you!

Safe shopping everyone!

:wave-hello:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Mike!

Happy to see Paramount's getting into the classic TV on Blu-Ray game.

Still unclear whether "Batman: The Animated Series" on Blu-Ray is coming out Tuesday or November 27th.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
T

Still unclear whether "Batman: The Animated Series" on Blu-Ray is coming out Tuesday or November 27th.

Best guess is both -- LE this week, SE later

One poster said his WM accidentally put a copy out on the shelf middle of this week . I was a little surprised they'd have this in store at all.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work, Mike. Nothing this week for me, and it's good to have an off week for once. November is stacked with more titles that I want than I'll actually be able to get.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
On that note, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has officially delayed the 4K Ultra HD release of 2001: A Space Odyssey from 10/30 to 11/20. We suspect it’s just an issue of replication under capacity causing delays in getting enough product finished for street date. Now... some people are already getting notices from Amazon and Zavvi that their copies have shipped or are about to. So this may be one of those situations were product just kind of tumbles out slowly over the next three weeks. But the official street date is now 11/20 per WBHE, so adjust your plans accordingly.
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/102518-1330

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
On that note, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has officially delayed the 4K Ultra HD release of 2001: A Space Odyssey from 10/30 to 11/20. We suspect it’s just an issue of replication under capacity causing delays in getting enough product finished for street date. Now... some people are already getting notices from Amazon and Zavvi that their copies have shipped or are about to. So this may be one of those situations were product just kind of tumbles out slowly over the next three weeks. But the official street date is now 11/20 per WBHE, so adjust your plans accordingly.
Yet some of us received it from Amazon before October 30th release date which never happens to me, but it did today. The 4K/UHD presentation was outstanding! It was like watching the movie for the very first time.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks for the prices, Mike. I will pick up the 4K version of 2001 when it goes on sale. I will not be able to watch it until after Thanksgiving, so saw no point in pre-ordering it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I guess I wasn't clear in my note in the RoundUp?

Quite an odyssey this week for 2001: A Space Odyssey on 4k/UHD. All kinds of confusion about this title. Originally expected to be released October 30th, there were reports that the release would get pushed back a bit (into Mid-November)…and now there are reports that Amazon has already shipped out some copies and that some have already been received and watched. Good luck everyone. I hope everyone who has pre-ordered gets their copies soon! (My choice of poster above is a tip of the cap to Jack Briggs who had that image as his signature for many, many years.)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the prices, Mike. I will pick up the 4K version of 2001 when it goes on sale. I will not be able to watch it until after Thanksgiving, so saw no point in pre-ordering it.

I'm kinda thinking the same thing. You know it'll be down in price sooner rather than later.

And, for me, I'm not even 4k compatible yet with my display. So what's the rush? :D

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The two items Mike mentioned in his first post were the two I was most interested in this week. I'll have both eventually.

Thanks for the prices.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike!

I spent too much on the Olive sale at Deep Discount this past week. Need to hold off for sales.

Moises

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Moisés Chiullan
A warning: I redeemed the digital copy code for Batman:TAS, and Vudu gave it to me in...SD. Vudu doesn’t carry it in HD (yet?). iTunes carries it in HD, but the code only redeems on Vudu. I’m a disc fiend like everyone here, but I really looked to that redemption as a nice perk, being able to stream it in HD whether at home or on the road.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There are people in contact with VUDU/Warner to see if this is an error. I think most folks expect it to upgraded since every other streaming service lists it as HD, but the ball is still out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks