What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– The Last Picture Show – 1971
full

– It Happened One Night – 1934
full

– Nope – 2022
full

– The Usual Suspects – 1995

full

– The Last Detail – 1973

full

– The Bat – 1995

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is a genuinely big week for new 4k/UHD releases (and also quite a large volume of Blu-ray disc releases)! Throw in a couple of recent films, some horror and you’d think we were at the beginning of the final quarter of the year (and heading into the holiday season)! :D

Safe shopping, RoundUppers!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
And the Spectrum is actually screening The Last Picture Show on November 1st. I will probably get Nope.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work as always, Mike!

Nothing for me this week.

Clay_E

Second Unit
I really want The Usual Suspects. I've never upgraded from my DVD because none of the Blu-Ray releases have ever included the commentary or other features from the DVD release. Does anyone have any idea whether this new release has any of that? I'd hate to pass it up again....

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I really want The Usual Suspects. I've never upgraded from my DVD because none of the Blu-Ray releases have ever included the commentary or other features from the DVD release. Does anyone have any idea whether this new release has any of that? I'd hate to pass it up again....
All the specs and features are listed at the Kino web site and in the post in the Kino announcements thread when the title was announced.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I really want The Usual Suspects. I've never upgraded from my DVD because none of the Blu-Ray releases have ever included the commentary or other features from the DVD release.
In cases like this, I will buy the Blu-ray for the high definition film and retain the previous DVD edition for the bonus features. Disney is usually the worst at dropping bonus features. I've never wanted to deprive myself of a film in HD just because it is missing bonus features, so just accept that I'm going to have multiple copies of some titles.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Like I did on the last two volumes, I’ll be reviewing each individual title in the Columbia Classics Vol 3 collection over the next week or so.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, The Usual Suspects 4K release has it all as I received mine from Kino the other day. On the 4K disc it has the two commentaries. On the Blu-ray disc that accompanies the 4K disc, it has those two commentaries again as well as a bunch of featurettes, interviews, deleted scenes, outtakes and gag reel along with trailers and tv spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyhoward63@g
Recent bookmarks