What's new

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Age of Adeline has a SF/fantasy element, but it's basically a lighthearted romantic drama with some very funny moments. Lucy and I really enjoyed it.

Ex Machina is interesting but it's quite heavy and very grim. That's probably one to watch when Peggy's out with friends. :)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Yup...that's it, Matt.

She doesn't like any sci-fi...or action films of any kind. If things blow up, forget about it. Hitchcock (or any suspense/thriller/horror? Nope. We're pretty much limited to drama/comedy films and TV when we watch together (which is most of the time). And it doesn't help that my HT is in our main living area. It makes it kinda hard for me to gain much traction on my queue of films I want to see when I keep pulling in films like the new ID4 or Ex Machina or The Shallows.

Hell. I have to "sneak in" segments of Designated Survivor when I can. She's just totally disinterested in anything like that.

I've been meaning to start a thread on the subject for a long time. I can't imagine I'm the only one with this issue! :D

Don't get me wrong. This is one of our few problem areas...and it's exacerbated by the fact that we spend all our time together because our relationship is so good. Kind of a weird Catch-22. But it's one of the few Mars/Venus things in our life...and it hits me hard in my hobby. I sometimes wonder if a dedicated HT would help or hurt.
Just tell your wife it's The Danish Girl star (she won one those awards where she thanked the Academy). It's not really sci-fi ... more of a thriller ... good luck :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've been meaning to start a thread on the subject for a long time. I can't imagine I'm the only one with this issue! :D

Don't get me wrong. This is one of our few problem areas...and it's exacerbated by the fact that we spend all our time together because our relationship is so good. Kind of a weird Catch-22. But it's one of the few Mars/Venus things in our life...and it hits me hard in my hobby. I sometimes wonder if a dedicated HT would help or hurt.

Incompatible Movie Watchers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks