Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
My disappointing Sam's Club visit:

2 disc Wizard of Oz - $17.88

No copies of:

Wizard of Oz 3 disc set
Titanic
Looney Tunes V3

I'm starting to think they just don't care anymore.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up Titanic at Best Buy price matching CC @ $17.99 using $3 in BB bucks and a $5 RZ cert. I also grabbed Alias S4 online w/ store pickup using $7 in BB bucks.

Still bummed my local Best Buy didn't have the Wizard of Oz 2-disc RZ price...I'll wait and get it later on sale.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well....scored both the Wizard of Oz 2-disc and Titanic at my local BB this afternoon.

WoO $22.99 which rang down to $16.99 before RZ. After RZ plummeted to $12.99. Then, a manager had to do a manual over-ride to further deduct a $3 BestBuy bucks coupon. Final total: $9.99! :emoji_thumbsup:

Titanic $21.99 which rang down to $19.99. Minus a $3 BB Bucks coupon. Final total: $16.99. Should have price-matched the CC price like Wayne did. I'm slippin'.

But, overall...quite pleased. :emoji_thumbsup:

Still bummin' a little that the price discrepancy between the WoO 2-disc and 3-disc had to be so great. But, the reality is I'd only probably watch disc #3 once and I'm not an Oz-head like so many others...so all the photos, tickets, etc. didn't really mean much to me. So I guess its really too bad for the fanatics of the film that they had to pay so much for the 3-disc while we scored big on the 2-disc.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
My local BB ad (and if you go to BB.com and do a weekly flyer ad search for zip: 90024) says that WoO will be $14.99 for the 2 discer for RZ members.

I'm toying with the 3-disc version anyway so it's not a dealbreaker, but a bummer that others around the country are getting it for $12.99 :frowning:

Will definitely get Titanic today too.

Thanks for the hard work Mike and Patrick!

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I picked up the Legendary Jerry Lewis Collection (10 disc set) at Sam's Club today for $35.88. That's less than $3.60 per film and far and away the best price I have seen for this set!

John Gido

Second Unit
My trip to BB got me this:

Looney Tunes Golden Collection, Vol. 3: $31.38
Wizard Of Oz, 2 Disc (w/$12.99 RZ): $11.99
Titanic, 3 Disc (PM to CC @ $17.99): $16.60

Totals reflect RZ member prices, (1) $5.00 RZ coupon, plus $9.00 in BB Bucks from Mickey Ds.

All in all, a good trip. :D

GarySchrock

Second Unit

I would have never thought to look at columbia house, but for those that have a need to order a couple more discs so they can get free shipping (since it looks like it's free shipping on 3 dvds):
Wizard of Oz Collectors Edition (3 disc); $23.97

By far best price I've seen, and even if you pay the shipping might be the best price anywhere.

(oh, and for the record, I couldn't get the funcash to come off the lower price on either wizard of oz or the looney tunes collection, even though I feel both meet their requirement)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
how are you coming by thoe prices for oz and tunes at CH?

The Wizard of Oz Collector's Edition $37.46 Special Club Price

Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 3 $48.71 Special Club Price

Million Dollar Baby Deluxe Edition $29.96 Special Club Price

thats wht i get when in cart.

GarySchrock

Second Unit

Hmm, CH has been known to charge diferent prices for people, and it might depend on whether on whether you've completed your requirement already. So I guess it's a YMMV. (Course, CH's selection sucks so badly these days I'm having problems coming up with 3 titles to get free shipping).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i completed a long time ago.
i know different promotions go out to different people at ch.

Brent C

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone spotted Bewitched S2(B&W) at Sam's Club or BJ's Wholesale? What was the price?

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
I discovered a veritable Holy Grail for DVD shopping today - a Wal-Mart a short walk away from Target, Circuit City, and Best Buy (all on the same street within 1/2 mile). This Wal-Mart knows how to compete on price (see below) and it was hard to control myself. This Wal-Mart is located on the border between Riverside & Moreno Valley just off of I-215 and Hwy 60. Pricing noted today (REMEMBER - It's Wal-Mart so YMMV at your local Wal-Mart):

Battle of Britain SE 2-disc $14.94 :eek:
Bewitched SE (2005) $14.94 (including bonus disc containing 3 episodes from the Bewitched TV show)
A Bridge Too Far SE $14.94 :eek:
Capt. John Smith & Pochontas $7.84
Darling Lili $7.84
Herbie: Fully Loaded $14.94
House of Wax (2005) $14.94
Left Behind: World at War $13.94
Melinda & Melinda $14.94
Noel $14.94
Titanic: Special CE $14.94
Wizard of Oz: SE (2-disc) $14.94

I picked-up Herbie, Titanic, and WoO. I had Battle of Britain, Bridge Too Far, and Left Behind in my hand (all would have been blind buys), but budget constraints prevailed and I put them back.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jeff: You definitely need to put one of those :eek: next to the Titanic price, too! :D

You done good me boy.

Dontcha just hate those darn "budget restraints"?!?! ;)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I joined when they had that DV2.com club, it was $9.95 a year and you got all disks for 40% off at minimum and free shipping. Now that club is ch.com they never did charge me a fee again and then on top of the 40% I get Funcash for buying the sets or disks I buy all my TV set from them if they have them. Using Funcash I've gotten Kolchak for $15.99 and the Recent Superman set for $17.99

Greg S

Supporting Actor
According to DVDTalkers there is a pretty nice deal at Costco for Herbie fans ...

Herbie Fully Loaded ($18)
Herbie Movie Collection ($37.50)

If you purchase both together then its an additional $10 off so all 5 moves for about $46 and change. Not too bad. Also the Herbie Fully Loaded DVDs come with a Jr. Novelization.

Also according to DVDTalkers Herbie Fully Loaded is going for $12.99 as with Reward Zone members.

BTW I caved when I was at Wally World last night (apple juice and milk run .... ugghh!) and got

Looney Tunes Movie Collection
Tom & Jerry Spotlight Collection Volume 2
Titanic

Only caved because I had a $60 WM gift card to use up and is eating a hole in my wallet and begging to be used :D !

Again thanks for the roundup Mike!!

Greg

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Mike which WM LOL!!

Went to 3 of them through the course of my travels yesterday and as usual prices were ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Store 1 - $19.96
Store 2 - $17.56
Store 3 - $22.96 :eek:

However I did get LT Movies and TJ for $18 each and a Pride FC DVD for $12.

It looks like the wife (and Costco) have talked me into the Herbie Fully Loaded/Love Bug Collection DVDs to give our daughter for X-mas. And at $12.99 for th WoOZ at BB and I have $6 in BB bucks I would be stupid to pass this up. Would prefer the 3 discer but $30+ vs. $13 is a BIG difference to me right now.

BJs did not have LT or WoOZ 3 disc yesterday. All other released titles were $1-$2 more than other places (BB, CC, Target etc)

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks