What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-24-2006 (2 Viewers)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I went over and looked at dvdpricesearch. They list no less than THREE sets of Frank Capra's Why We Fight in print (the execrable Madacy set is thankfully OOP, as it should be :angry: ).

The 4 disc "Goodtimes" set is available for as low as $9.20. I have it and can recommend it to you. They put the especially long Battle of Russia on its own disc: otherwise it's 2 films per disc. The quality is good considering the source.

I haven't seen the 2 individual discs on "United America" which can be bought for as low as $7.52, or the 2 disc set on "EDI Video" which can be bought for as low as $5.78. But I'm guessing stuffing this series onto merely 2 discs may reduce the quality when compared to the "Goodtimes" set.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Um Thanks. Does that "Yes" mean that it says Animorphic or Enhanced on the back? Because the only copy I have seen (at Borders) just said widescreen, and I didn't want to take the chance.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
yes

:P

sorry about that.
yes you can see if it is the correct one and yes there is an anamorphic version.
i have seen the enhanced version at borders

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Gents: It's all in the disclaimer. If something's missing...

The Disclaimer Standard disclaimer:

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Tony.

Here it is:

SD-DVD TITLEAmazonBestBuyCrcCityTargetCostcoSesame Street - Old School: Volume 1$29.99$34.99$34.99 - -

Missed it.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, I'm surprised CC actually had what they advertised! Young Frankenstein, enhanced for 16:9, for 4.99. The bin had about 12 copies.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I'm shocked and appalled that certain titles were not in the Roundup, particularly considering the recent heated and scintillating philosophical discussion in which Mr. Frezon and I engaged regarding the same, and I'm a little disappointed that no onlookers have pointed out these glaring omissions, choosing instead to focus on some silly minor children's show that didn't deserve to be there anyway, but I'll rectify the situation immediately:

SD-DVD TITLEAmazonBestBuyCrcCityTargetCostcoPokemon 10th Anniversary, Vol. 5 - Blastoise
$9.98$8.99$9.99$9.98 - Pokemon 10th Anniversary, Vol. 6 - Eevee
$9.98$8.99$9.99$9.98 - Pokemon 10th Anniversary, Vol. 7 - Bulbasaur
$9.98$8.99$9.99$9.98 -

What the heck is going on around here -- this place is falling apart!

;)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I do not believe there has ever been a week before where I wanted to buy so much!!

Definitely on the list is Bewitched S.4 and An American Haunting (glad to see there is an unrated version)...maybe a little later on I'll buy Sesame Street though it'll be difficult to wait to buy it. And I'm receiving the Addams Family Vol. 1 some time this week.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Mike,

That "Alpha Video" disc coming soon at Amazon can't have the entire series unless it's a DVD-18 (which I doubt). There are no details given as to the contents in the Amazon listing.

The Capra "Why We Fight" series includes the following films:

Prelude to War - 53 minutes
The Nazis Strike - 42 minutes
Divide and Conquer - 54 minutes
The Battle of Britain - 52 minutes
The Battle of Russia - 83 minutes
The Battle of China - 65 minutes
War Comes to America - 66 minutes

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I figure the "1-disc" designation at amazon.com is in error. Probably just what shows up in the absence of concrete information.

HERE we go... at a place called Oldies.com. Cover art, too! ;) A Two-disc set. Wonder why amazon wouldn't have the same info?!

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Has anyone seen the Total Recall new release anywhere? Any info about it? Everybody I ask about it looks at me like I have 2 heads.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
LOTS of stuff at Target today that wasn't in the circular...
Reservoir Dogs SE: $13.78
The Kid & I: $19.99
JLA S1: $34.99
Batman Beyond S2: $34.99
Bewitched S4: $32.99
Nightmares & Dreamscapes: $29.99
Facts Of Life S3: $24.99
MacGuyver Final Season: $29.99
Addams Family S1: $22.99
Body Heat SE: $14.99

Also saw Road to Guantanmo, but didn't check the price...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks