What's new

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not this item -- but a couple weeks ago on the release date for the A Star is Born soundtrack, I went into my Target looking for it in the middle of the afternoon, by which time they should have had it out. It turns out that all of their copies were in the back stockroom and no one had put them out in the store, so you had to ask for it. AND it was a Target exclusive version of the CD which they paid to have (the exclusive is a foldout poster on the back of the booklet, not extra music, but still.) They paid to get an exclusive on what is essentially a new Lady Gaga album and didn't bother to put it out. But they had it. You just had to ask to get it.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were still in the storeroom. Anytime the inventory sites say it should be there I ask an employee to help me track it down or at least check their handset which has a more accurate inventory. Admittedly how helpful they are is YMMV, but almost all my stores have people who at least try to help out even if sometimes they aren't successful.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Funny thing...

About Midnight last night, I got an automated note from Amazon with a "Delivery Estimate Update" on my order of Celebrating Mickey. It tells me that my new estimated delivery date is November 1 - November 2.

I'll still be looking for a local copy today...hoping to find one at the cheaper price and then cancel the Amazon order.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Well, it SHOULD have been there. They've got a spot for it:

full

Yeah, this is my WalMart literally every single time I go looking on release date for a 4K title. Always a spot for it, always completely empty.

Maxman43

Agent
Real Name
Bill
It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were still in the storeroom. Anytime the inventory sites say it should be there I ask an employee to help me track it down or at least check their handset which has a more accurate inventory. Admittedly how helpful they are is YMMV, but almost all my stores have people who at least try to help out even if sometimes they aren't successful.
Same happened to me at BestBuy a while back.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Looks like about 60% of WM B&M stores now listing in stock up form 20% yesterday morning and 50% at midnight.
Yesterday my main store didn't have it though but now with 4 copies listed. Luckily I had an errand yesterday that put me nearer my 2nd store,

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wayne, Adam...I don't know how interested you are in this title...but there are now three copies left at the Crossgates Wal-Mart. :D

full

Just an offer to "monitor the situation" and let me know when it becomes available. I have heard this offer many times. And they NEVER follow through on it. But, of course, their software automatically will let me know that the product is available and ships. :rolleyes:

To be fair...I got an e-mail tonight from the very Amazon rep who told me she would keep checking and let me know when the title would be available and when I might receive it.

And right after I read that e-mail...I canceled my Amazon order for the title. :laugh:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is there anything on this "Mickey" set that was not included on the earlier Disney Treasures sets in tins?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Is there anything on this "Mickey" set that was not included on the earlier Disney Treasures sets in tins?

There's a thread over in the software forum in which the contents were discussed at length. I don't have all the Treasures, only some, but my bet is probably not, other than the fact that this is in HD and the Treasures were all DVDs -- there are only 13 shorts on this disc anyway and it is not meant to be comprehensive. (Well, Get a Horse from 2013 isn't on a Treasures set, but that is on Frozen, so more people have that than any other Blu-ray ever sold anyway.)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Funnily enough, Amazon just price matched Wal-Mart's $14.96 on Celebrating Mickey, but they still don't have it in stock.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I couldn't find even a slot for it at my W*M on Thursday, but there were lots of empty slots I didn't check

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks