What's new

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The first Mamma Mia! wasn't what you'd call a good movie, but it was an exuberant and fun one. If the sequel is more of the same, then it will definitely at least merit a rental.

It is, and I also think it's much better than the original. Ol Parker, who wrote and directed this one, actually knows how to make a movie, and he's more ambitious and better-suited to making it cinematic than Phyllida Lloyd was on the original.

I also wanted to note that Amazon has dropped the price on the 10th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray of the original film to $6.99. That means if you're looking to purchase both, it's actually currently cheaper to buy them separately than in the 2-movie collection that is being released tomorrow (which Amazon has for $29.99.)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I think I might just have to dance the dance with an Amazon customer service rep asking why I'm not getting that title on its release date...even though I ordered it several weeks in advance.

Anyone who sees Celebrating Mickey in a B&M, PLEASE report it here.
I'm going to the Albany Best Buy tomorrow. I will let you know if I see it.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I think I might just have to dance the dance with an Amazon customer service rep asking why I'm not getting that title on its release date...even though I ordered it several weeks in advance.

Anyone who sees Celebrating Mickey in a B&M, PLEASE report it here.

Mike...I cancelled my Amazon order this morning since it was still stuck in No Man's Land. Per BB.com every store in my area has "few in stock." I'll scout the store tonight when I pick mine up to see how many might be laying around on a shelf...or not.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Has ANYONE received a notice from Amazon that Celebrating Mickey is on its way??

I'm going to the Albany Best Buy tomorrow. I will let you know if I see it.

Thanks, Wayne. Depending upon your report, I will be near there tomorrow afternoon after a doctor appointment.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
One of my Walmarts -- luckily the one I was closest to today after my Flu shot had 3 copies Celebrating Mickey BD on the shelf (exactly what Brickseek said).
The nurse didn't have a sucker and I figured it was better for me than a free Ice Cream Cone -- I only whimpered a little and never really cried at all and didn't bite her even a little this year.

It appears a bunch of the Albany area WM have in stock and priced $14.96 in store
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=898217947

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll be stopping at my local W-M tonight then, David. I'm going to be right near one! :D

Many thanks!

And save $3 in the process.!

By the way, I DID chat with an Amazon rep today. This is going to shock you all...but I got nowhere asking why they don't have any when other retailers around me do.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
No copies at the Albany Best Buy or the nearby Target even though Target actually ran a commercial for it while I was there.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
By the way, I DID chat with an Amazon rep today. This is going to shock you all...but I got nowhere asking why they don't have any when other retailers around me do.

Did they at least give you something to apologize? Prime extension or anything?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nope.

Just an offer to "monitor the situation" and let me know when it becomes available. I have heard this offer many times. And they NEVER follow through on it. But, of course, their software automatically will let me know that the product is available and ships. :rolleyes:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That offer suggests that you wouldn't just go get it from another source. Amazon deserves no loyalty if they're not stocking items you want to have.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike: the BB I went into for Celebrating Mickey had three on the shelf I could find.

Price, Jason?

Thanks, Wayne. I'll report back if I get to Wal-Mart in East Greenbush. I'm planning on it as of now.

Well, it SHOULD have been there. They've got a spot for it:

full

It looked like this particular store was doing an extensive remodeling of the store. The media section was shrunk--by quite a lot...while it looked like the electronics section is going to take over more of that space. There were TONS of TVs in the store for sale.

I'll either try another Wal-Mart or look at a Target tomorrow.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's two strikes against that purchase @ BB for me.

It's $3 cheaper at WalMart and Wayne has already reported that my one and only BB didn't have any in stock today.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The East Greenbush store might still have their copies on a pallet somewhere, waiting to unpack until they know where to put it.

Both the Glenmont Walmart and the Crossgates Commons Walmart are supposed to have four copies in stock.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The East Greenbush store might still have their copies on a pallet somewhere, waiting to unpack until they know where to put it.

Not this item -- but a couple weeks ago on the release date for the A Star is Born soundtrack, I went into my Target looking for it in the middle of the afternoon, by which time they should have had it out. It turns out that all of their copies were in the back stockroom and no one had put them out in the store, so you had to ask for it. AND it was a Target exclusive version of the CD which they paid to have (the exclusive is a foldout poster on the back of the booklet, not extra music, but still.) They paid to get an exclusive on what is essentially a new Lady Gaga album and didn't bother to put it out. But they had it. You just had to ask to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks