Weekly RoundUp 10-23-2012

David Norman

Premium
RolandL said:
Seems like they have it every other month.
Jan/April/July/October this year, but the July sale lasted 4 weeks and didn't end until early August so it only felt like 2 months.
This one only lasted 2 weeks and feels stunted.
A longshot possibility of another sale in December though best shot is January

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Steve Tannehill said:
Magic Mike for me. And shame on Universal for releasing 7/8 of the Universal Monsters set as single blu-rays, but leaving out Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D. Of course, you can always order it from Amazon.co.uk. It is region free, and plays just fine on U.S. blu-ray players.
And shame them for the outrageous pricing. I'm glad I bought the UK set. Just 2 of the US releases cost about as much as the UK set.
And don't bother with the Coffin, it's just cardboard and not worth the extra $$.
Oops, I just noticed the US coffin is less than the US standard set. Just the reverse in the UK.

Steve Tannehill

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Johnny Angell said:
And shame them for the outrageous pricing. I'm glad I bought the UK set. Just 2 of the US releases cost about as much as the UK set.
And don't bother with the Coffin, it's just cardboard and not worth the extra $$.
Oops, I just noticed the US coffin is less than the US standard set. Just the reverse in the UK.
I think the blame lies with Amazon, not Universal for the outrageous pricing. I still wonder why they did not include Creature domestically...they get less money at Amazon.co.uk...unless Universal had something to do with that restriction.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
Will there be more individual Bond releases (Best Buy otherwise)?
It's nice to see there's ok cover art on these ones - the last DVD versions had horrible generic covers.

Steve Tannehill

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Albert_M said:
Will there be more individual Bond releases (Best Buy otherwise)?
It's nice to see there's ok cover art on these ones - the last DVD versions had horrible generic covers.
The Bond store exclusives are:
Walmart: Diamonds Are Forever, Octopussy and Goldeneye (out 10/2)
Best Buy: On Her Majesty's Secret Service, You Only Live Twice, and The Spy Who Loved Me (out this week)
Target: The Living Daylights, A View to a Kill, and Tomorrow Never Dies (out 10/2)
Other non-exclusive Bond titles have been released as singles, check Amazon.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I am not very encouraged by Robert Harris' comments on most of these Bond BDs over in the Blu-Ray folder. :(

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I just checked Amazon - so the cover art of 50th anniversary packaging I guess. Looks a lot better than the standard ones. I would like to get several Bonds on blu, but don't care for the entire set so likely will go this route, but man Amazon's titles are much more than the $10 B&M ones...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'll be getting Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
It's Halloween and an election year. What film could be more appropriate? Unless there's one called Binders Full of Vampire Women. :D

A vendor at Amazon.com Standing Ovation, has Fear and Desire new, shipped for 19.06, more than $10 cheaper than anyone else. They must have an arrangement with Kino because I see I have ordered two other Kino disks from them. I had no problem with the previous items so I highly recommend saving the $10.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Originally Posted by Malcolm R /t/324596/weekly-roundup-10-23-2012#post_3992309
I'll be getting Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
It's Halloween and an election year. What film could be more appropriate? Unless there's one called Binders Full of Vampire Women.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Boo no postcards at my Target!
Made a special trip at lunch, had to hit 2 Targets to find it in stock and then no postcards.
At least I have the movie with extended dance sequences...

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dav