Weekly RoundUp 10-23-2012

Mike Frezon

Premium
--And, you can save $6 instantly when you buy BOTH Secret of Wings on Blu-ray AND a Tinkerbell doll ($11.99). Items packaged seperately.

--I'm also a little concerned about the wording of this part of the Target ad. Target has an EXCLUSIVE Blu-ray release of Secret of the Wings which includes a book for $22.99 (Blu-ray+book+DVD). They also advertise another Blu release for $27.99 (Blu-ray+DVD+digital). Seems odd to pay $5 more for a digital copy sted book. PLUS...there's no price listing for the 3-D Blu release of Secret of the Wings.

--Target Odds and Ends: A list of British TV DVD titles and a list of $4.75 DVD titles.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Maybe Magic Mike down the road, but certainly not this week. We're heading out in the morning for the HTF trip and who knows what I'm going to end up coming home with. Good thing all that OT from the beginning of the month got deposited today!

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely curious about the new Blade Runner edition, but will wait for reviews.
Saw Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter in the theater and enjoyed it, but don't feel the need to pick it up just yet.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I am set to review several of these but I am in L.A. This week, so they will have to wait until I return

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Len Berkoski said:
Any indication if "Upgrade and Save" is still in play this week?
I believe it was due to end yesterday, 10/20. Never fear; there'll no doubt be another event in three or four months.

Len Berkoski

Stunt Coordinator
On "Upgrade and Save" - I was hoping to capitalize on a few worthless DVDs burning a hole in my pocket, and missed it this past week. Oh well.

Steve Tannehill

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Magic Mike for me. And shame on Universal for releasing 7/8 of the Universal Monsters set as single blu-rays, but leaving out Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D. Of course, you can always order it from Amazon.co.uk. It is region free, and plays just fine on U.S. blu-ray players.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Originally Posted by Steve Tannehill /t/324596/weekly-roundup-10-23-2012#post_3991444
Magic Mike for me. And shame on Universal for releasing 7/8 of the Universal Monsters set as single blu-rays, but leaving out Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D. Of course, you can always order it from Amazon.co.uk. It is region free, and plays just fine on U.S. blu-ray players.
It kinda looks like they haven't been actually given US releases, Steve. They look to be be imports by Amazon US (especially at those prices!). Couldn't figure out why they left out Creature, either.

Steve Tannehill

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Yep, they look exactly like discs from Amazon.co.uk, at horrible prices. You are definitely better ordering them from Amazon.co.uk. Heck, the box set, which I ordered, works out to around $55--half the price of the domestic release.

Pioneer14

Grip
Real Name
Rod TM
David Dias said:
Definitely curious about the new Blade Runner edition, but will wait for reviews.
Saw Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter in the theater and enjoyed it, but don't feel the need to pick it up just yet.
Same with me David with regards to Abraham Lincoln will get this later with Upgrade and Save when the Blu ray is $19.99 at Best Buy.
I think I will just settle with my old Deckard briefcase.:cool:

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dav