What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/22 (E.T. Phone Home!) (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
gabe when you pricematch at best buy you are supposed to get an extra 10%off of the difference.
i always buy for the reg price, go to the customer counter and pricematch there so they will take off the extra. in this case it would be .50. making these 2 movies only $14.45ish.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Tony,

I price matched at Best Buy on Tuesday. If I take my receipt and form to customer service, will they still take off the 10% for me even though I was in there on Tuesday?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
they should it can't hurt to go in and ask. 50 cents is 50 cents.
but unless you are there anyway or in the area, it might not be worth the gas money it would cost to make a special trip for the 50 cents.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I agree. I didn't read carefully - I was thinking 10% off of $14.95, but that is not the case - it's the difference of price that they look at.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Yesterday at Costco's I not only picked up Y Tu Mama Tambien for $16.99 but also STIII for $17.99, The Verdict for $12.99, and The Bounty for $6.99 . :D
Quite a haul but very competitive compared to other B&M's and etailers.
Joel

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
The pricematch worked at Best Buy for me, wonder of wonders. The girl behind the counter initially looked at the KMart price and said "oh this is if you buy batteries." I explained to her (okay I fibbed a little) that I was just there and $14.95 is the price, $10.95 w/ batteries, but that I went to BB because I liked them better than KMart and wanted to give them my business.

She smiled and rung up the PM (along with Foo for $9.99). Got both Foo and ET for $27 even w/ tax. Didn't bother to ask for the "extra 10% of the price difference".

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
...when you pricematch at best buy you are supposed to get an extra 10%off of the difference.
Really? Apparently not in my neck of the woods...I know CC advertises that but I've never heard or seen Best Buy do so. I've price-matched a few times at BB and they've never either mentioned the 10% or automatically discounted the additional 10% on the register.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
tony they usually dont do it at the register. you have to buy the dvd at reg price then walk over to the customer counter and price match it there. also there should be a large grey sign around that area on the wall that states the 10% deal for price match.

if you cant see that sign anywere go to customer service and ask. i believe it is policy at all BB stores.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yes, 99% of the employees who've ever PM'd me at Best Buy only matched the price. One young lady a few months back actually charged me the full amount for the items, and then did a refund back at 110% the difference. I've not seen her again since (must have been fired or demoted for doing her job right). :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks