What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/22 (E.T. Phone Home!) (1 Viewer)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Wonder how much trouble I'm going to have getting BB to pricematch the $14.95 E.T. and $9.99 Foo Fighters this Tuesday...
:laugh: The last I checked, the name of the store is still "Best Buy", and not "Best Service", so expect plenty of trouble, getting-the-run-around, hemming, hawing, all that good stuff.
:emoji_thumbsup: :rolleyes

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah Matt, I've already printed out directions to the nearest KMart from my house (actually only 5 miles, I thought it'd be more). Basically if BB starts to give me the runaround, I'm outta there...

Chris Perkins

Stunt Coordinator
Just a reminder that Target will pricematch. I've been taking the K-Mart flyer to them, and have received the K-Mart price with no questions asked.
Chris

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ah Chris, you are my hero! There's a Target way closer to me than a K-Mart, so I might try that one first (don't know if it's got the free DVD w/ Foo Fighters that both Best Buy and K-Mart are offering, though).

Yes David, I've been a Mapquest user for quite some time now, and more than a few times have been for DVD purchases...

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
As far as I know, the DVD included with the noo Foo is not exclusive to any chain or chains, and should be available everywhere.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
If anyone hits Costco tomorrow morning, please post about Star Trek III! (I'm out sick and trying to save an unncessary trip!)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Here's also hoping someone can post Costco info about Search for Spock. In the meantime, I'm off to work shortly and will hit Wal-Mart on the way in. Got my 3-disc non-DTS '82 version of E.T. on the way. For just $15, might as well have the DTS format '82 version as well, eh?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah I'm planning a trip to Costco after work today so I'll be eyeing this thread with interest, also can someone check to see if they are carrying the new High Noon Special Edition?

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I'm going to Costco in about an hour and a half (at about 1:00 eastern time), so if no one has reported by then, I'll have info soon thereafter.

MichaelG

Second Unit
I was able to get 2 copies of the E.T. Ultimate Gift set from Suncoast for $49.87 delivered, I see nothing else that I want this week. The next few weeks coming up might be expensive though.

I went to the two K-Marts near my work at Lunch Time...both only had full frame versions of ET and Mr. Deeds :frowning: ...Then went to CC with the K-Mart flyer...CC not only price matched, but also took an additional 10% off the difference :D So, got both Mr. Deeds and ET for under $14.50 each, and they are both the Widescreen version!
Steve

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I just hit two Kmarts on my lunch break. The first one had a total of 6 copies of ET, all fullscreen. The lady there seemed more annoyed than anything. The next one had tons of ET's, but no widescreen. The lady at this Kmart was quite helpful, and understood me not wanting the p&s version. She said she was fed up with companies putting out two copies, and wished they'd put both versions in one package, or just put out the widescreen and nothing else.

Regarding Target pricematching, if you haven't tried it at your local Target yet, I'll just say good luck. The Targets I've tried pricematching at around here won't do it. They won't match Wal-Mart or Kmart because they're lower class, discount stores, and therefore not Target's competitors. They won't match Meijer because they're a grocery store, and therefore not Target's competitors. They won't match Toys 'R Us because they're a toy store, and therefore not Target's competitors. They won't match CC or BB because they're electronics stores, and therefore not Target's competitors. They won't match CompUSA because they're a computer store, and therefore not Target's competitors. The only stores they told me they're willing to price match are Kohl's, JC Penny's, Sears, Lazarus, etc. I'm figuring it's just a regional thing, because I got the same spiel from the regional manager. I'll admit, I haven't tried pricematching at Target in over a year, but when I did try, I tried three different Targets on a regular basis for nearly a year, and always got the same results.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks