What's new

Weekly Roundup 10/21 (The Man With The Hat Is HERE!) (1 Viewer)

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
My Indy adventure went something like...

Arrived at closest Walmart and tried there first, (conveninetly located next to theater for a showing I am attending), found 2 Indy sets at $43.29 waiting for me to pick up one of them, swooped it up only to nearly drop it when noticing the "Full Screen" label. Asked nearest Wal-mart'er and she said FS are the only ones in stock. See ya...

Arrived at Circuit City 10 minutes later, saw Indy in WS retailing at $49.99. Not good. Picked it up, asked the cashier if they price matched, told them the Walmart price but also said I have no ad or proof whatsoever. Coolest cashier, pushes some buttons and says my total is $42.01 out the door.

I'm satisfied.

Raymond

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Well if anyone wants a SEALED Widescreen Indy set with the Bonus Disc I have an extra that was pricematched to the Eckerd price. I got stuck with this extra (thanks you know who) and its a 40 minute drive back to BB.

So if you want it for what I paid shoot me an email

Total would be $36.60.

Greg

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
The Target deal is 45.99 with a 3$ off coupon for a DR Pepper 12 pack that is selling in store for 3.99 Same price as BB without the bonus disc.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well I only went to BB to get Indy. I saw there were quite a few of the sets that had no bonus disk so apparently the 5th disk version was limited. The Galactica display was nothing but Air advertised at $89.95 I'm so glad I bought this online as I figured it would be hell to find. To my Surprise they had both Valley of the Gwangi and The Beast from 20000 fathoms, 3 copies of each for $14.99 I'm holding off a bit on those. My eye caught the Dick van Dyke Show set I was sure tempted for the deal they had but I had to pass both that and the Hulk set by, for now, just too damn much releasing in the Next few weeks. It really is insane.

Dave L did you pick up the Dick Van Dyke sets? How are they? I'm a fan but not enough of a fan to jump at them.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dave L did you pick up the Dick Van Dyke sets? How are they? I'm a fan but not enough of a fan to jump at them.
I haven't broken the seal on them yet; there's just too many releases this week! :eek:

By the way: COSTCO'S PRICE ON TAKEN IS ACTUALLY $72.99...THAT'S $7 LESS THAN THE ROUNDUP LISTED PRICE! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Eric_P

Grip
Thanks for all the info, it was very hard on me to have to wait until I got home from work to go get the Indy set.

Picked it up at Fry's where the $39.99 price is only good for today. Wal-mart was $39.95, Best Buy was sold out until Thurs! :thumbsdown:

One of the sets I was examining, I noticed that it had two Last Crusade's and one Temple of Doom, missing Raiders!! :angry: Dunno if it was a labling mistake or it really was the wrong movie. Didn't want to take a chance with this set that was probably packed on a Friday!

**Be careful, and check your set to make sure the correct 3 movies are in there**

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
There are no Eckard's in Iowa and the cheapest anyone was selling it for locally was $44.99. So I had to suck it up and pay.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Dave,

Thanks as always for the Weekly Round-Up. Also, a big thanks for the heads-up on the Costco Indy $10 coupon:
* Costco: There are a large selection of 2-packs of Paramount films that sell for $19.99 for both films. An example is Patriot Games/A Clear And Present Danger. None of the combinations are bad at all (except that I already have most of these films from earlier purchases). These 2-packs come with a $10-off coupon good for The Adventures of Indiana Jones. Combined with the low Costco price, this comes to a final price of $32.99!
I am in the same situation - already have most of the DVD's from the Costco 2-packs. So I decided to pick-up the Indy set at my local Wal-Mart ($39.99) this morning on the way to work. At work today, our HR Director went to Costco to pick-up some prizes for an employee raffle - and she comes back with 3 of the Paramount DVD 2-packs! The 2-packs are going to be separated for the raffle, so I grabbed one of the Indy coupons. After work, it was off to Costco to grab the set for $32.99 (after the $10 coupon) and then back to Wal-Mart (across the street from Costco) to return this morning's purchase.

Thanks again for the head-up on that coupon.:emoji_thumbsup:

Local Wal-Mart had the following at $13.88 each:
28 Days Later - WS
Charlie's Angels Full Throttle
George of the Jungle 2

Ryan FB

Second Unit
I don't know if the same is happening anywhere else, but at my Best Buy, the Dick van Dyke season sets came up as $44.99 each. Bringing the grand total after rebate and gift card to...$24.99 per season. :eek: :eek: :D :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :crazy:

So, yeah. I'd check it out if I were you. :D

GregBoehme

Agent
Had to search for an IAJ with the bonus disc at BB, totally random how they put them out..thought I was just missing how it was packaged at first.
Then I got home and realized I got the FS version of 28 days later and of course didn't notice until after I broke the security seal :angry: :angry: :angry:
But I did get one of the 3 remaining Dragonslayer's :)

Thanks Dave !

Greg

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Ryan,

If you check your total, I think what you'll see is that they charged you for the $20 gift certificate, which is why the price is $10 lower on each set. So it's still $34.99 per season (after mail-in rebate).

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
My Local Target Had the New Batman Disk Mysery of the Batwoman mismarked. They had the sign up for $15.99 but it was tagged $14.99 ! Gotta love those Mismarks !

Ryan FB

Second Unit
If you check your total, I think what you'll see is that they charged you for the $20 gift certificate, which is why the price is $10 lower on each set. So it's still $34.99 per season (after mail-in rebate).
George,

You're right. :b I realized the same thing while I was filling out the forms for the rebate this morning.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Got to the local BB just after opening with my Eckerd ad in hand. Grabbed Indy and 28DL. The checkout clerk would not honor the ad. I asked for the mgr. I was sent over to the Cust Svc desk where the response was "this is a different set, it's five discs." I replied that I would buy the four disc and immeadiately return it for the five disc since it's the same price. He gave up and honored (and confiscated) the ad.
Damn, should have thought of that. I was denied at the Boynton Beach Best Buy with the "it's not the same product" excuse. Didn't have time to go elsewhere, so maybe I'll try that tonight if I feel like spending the time.

Of course, who knows if they'll let you swap the 4-disc for the 5-disc? The guy in line in front of me was there because his wife had accidentally picked up the MARed set earlier that day -- but he forgot the receipt so they wouldn't swap it!

I may just go to Costco and hope there are good 2-packs left.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
You're welcome for the Costco coupon heads-up.

Speaking of Costco, when I mentioned the $72.99 price for Taken, I neglected to mention two other things:

1) Dark Angel S2 is at Costco for $36.99...AWESOME PRICE!

2) My Costco seems to have gotten in just about every Warner Brother 2-Disc Special Edition in stock, and for $18.99 each! If you need any of those, and are (or know) a Costco member, go jump on it! :emoji_thumbsup:

James D

Second Unit
If you buy 2 of the Warner Bros 2-Disc Special Edition DVDs at the same time, Costco will automatically deduct $12.98 at the register. The final cost should be $25 for the 2 DVDs.:emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
No one has commented on how cool the lenticular covers are on the Dick Van Dyke sets--on season 1, Rob trips over the ottoman, on season 2 he opens the closet door releasing Laura and millions of walnuts. Nice work! :) I'd have bought them without that touch, but it really sealed the deal for me. I'm a sucker for this sparkly shit. I should have been a grackle. :b

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
If you buy 2 of the Warner Bros 2-Disc Special Edition DVDs at the same time, Costco will automatically deduct $12.98 at the register. The final cost should be $25 for the 2 DVDs.
Hot diggity! Costco's on fire this week! (I posted another thread about them selling the 2-disc SE of The Who's The Kids Are Alright for $15.99.) I think I'll buy Indy there just to give them my business (in addition to the low price). The heck with Best Buy and their stupid 10-minute promo! :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks