Weekly RoundUp 10-20-2015 (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike Frezon said:
Oh. And my pre-order of the JW Blu on Amazon is showing a price of $19.98. No mention of the $5 GC deal.
Just click on the link you have supplied above for Amazon. Once on Amazon, click on the $5.00 off Learn More Link and it automatically discounts the $5.00 off to $14.92. Just like below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=amb_link_444273602_4?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00NYC5II0&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0JZDW11QSEE2QZCX86V2&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=2240179182&pf_rd_i=B013P0X0WQ

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Robert Crawford said:
Just click on the link you have supplied above for Amazon. Once on Amazon, click on the $5.00 off Learn More Link and it automatically discounts the $5.00 off to $14.92. Just like below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=amb_link_444273602_4?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00NYC5II0&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0JZDW11QSEE2QZCX86V2&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=2240179182&pf_rd_i=B013P0X0WQ
When I click the "Learn More" link, it just loops me back to the DVD order page, which is $14.92. But I want Blu, not DVD.

The "Learn More" link doesn't seem to link to any actual information.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Careful, Robert.

I clicked on that "Learn More" link and it moved me to a DVD listing for the film (which is where I went when I clicked on the link you provided in your post above).

Make sure you didn't order the DVD.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike Frezon said:
Careful, Robert.

I clicked on that "Learn More" link and it moved me to a DVD listing for the film (which is where I went when I clicked on the link you provided in your post above).

Make sure you didn't order the DVD.
I bought the 3-D release.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Amazon got this all screwed up! When you click on that Learn More link for either 2-D or 3-D Blu-ray it defaults to the DVD release for $14.92.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does your Amazon invoice show that you paid $24.99?

They make it sound like we'll get the $5 in some form after release date and our order's gone through. At least that's my expectation.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike Frezon said:
Does your Amazon invoice show that you paid $24.99?

They make it sound like we'll get the $5 in some form after release date and our order's gone through. At least that's my expectation.
My invoice says $24.99 right now. Will see if that changes after it ships/release date.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
The "Learn More" actually provided more a couple days ago -- I had copied the paragraph in another thread and pasted it above.
Today that link hasn't seemed to be working at all and had everyone bumping back to the DVD page instead of the information
and any mobile device couldn't even see the $5 offer link at all.

I guess the offer still has 3 hours to go for those still willing to trust the site.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
My invoice says $24.99 right now. Will see if that changes after it ships/release date.

I'm guessing again--but I expect that we'll all get e-mails from Amazon with a code that we need to enter (in the giftcard section of our Amazon accounts) which will give us $5 to apply towards a future purchase.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
I'm guessing again--but I expect that we'll all get e-mails from Amazon with a code that we need to enter (in the giftcard section of our Amazon accounts) which will give us $5 to apply towards a future purchase.
The would be consistent with previous promotions though I guess they could just deposit a $5 credit directly in your account.
Works the same except for the possibility if you wanted to give that Promo to someone else.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Robert Crawford said:
Amazon got this all screwed up! When you click on that Learn More link for either 2-D or 3-D Blu-ray it defaults to the DVD release for $14.92.
I said that already...2 pages ago...

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike!

Back on the ole reviewing stand again this week with two Fox titles in the mix (though, they have not yet arrived).

Looking forward to watching ​Jurassic World 3D at some point this week. (But I have a full week of TV shows to get caught up with!)

Sigwolf

Agent
Real Name
Dave
FWIW, since I started this mess... I ordered the regular Blu, and it showed up as $19.98 in my cart. There was no mention of the gift card during checkout or in the confirmation, so I guess I'm just hoping for the e-mail when it ships. I hope it goes correctly, because it will likely be a tough time with customer service when there is no evidence now that the promotion existed.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Scott Merryfield said:
I just saw the note on the $5 gift promotion from Amazon. Bummer, I missed the deadline. :( I guess I will wait for a price drop on this one.
Which will happen later this year around Black Friday or later.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Sigwolf said:
Thanks, Mike!

It may be worth noting that Amazon is offering a $5 gift card with Jurassic World if you preorder before midnight (pacific time) today. (Saturday)
Do I get anything if I pre-ordered weeks ago?

hotrodguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cliff
Hi guys and Mike,

Thanks for the round-up! I know I haven't written in a while but I also haven't purchased too many new releases either, prices are just too high now a days. I did however break down recently on Furious 7, Avengers 2 and now with JW. I loved the pre-order offer from BB, $19.99 for the BD in the metal tin package, free T-shirt and $5 RZ coupon, I also added the first three JP movies in the tin packaging, for $11.99 each, that's not bad, everything already shipped and should be here soon.

Thanks again Mike and I hope you feel better every day.

Sigwolf

Agent
Real Name
Dave
WillG said:
Do I get anything if I pre-ordered weeks ago?
I would guess so, but it seems no one is really sure right now since there was no mention of it in the order confirmation. Hopefully when the order ships you'll get an email with the info on the gift card.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks