What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-2-2012 (1 Viewer)

Target had there's, albeit only one copy of AVTAK, and two each of TND and TLD. Walmart seemed to have more copies of there's. Best Buy neither had any of there's nor does anyone know about it, nor is it in their system. I called customer service and they know nothing about it.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ya know, this entire exclusive thing is amusing me. It's supposed to drive customers to the store, but if the store doesn't have the disc, then what's the point? Are they hoping to short stock these during the first week and sell less at the first week discount price? Get more people to buy the big box? Prove no one wanted these movies when sales numbers roll in?

I dunno...just amusing to me right now.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Retailer exclusives are anything but amusing to me...ESPECIALLY in instances like this where they get them and then don't advertise them and don't stock them. It happens way too often.

What's the point?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /t/324108/weekly-roundup-10-2-2012/30#post_3982799
Retailer exclusives are anything but amusing to me...ESPECIALLY in instances like this where they get them and then don't advertise them and don't stock them. It happens way too often.

What's the point?

I guess I should clarify a little bit. I've been anti-BB for a while not because they couldn't keep Jaws or TNG or Justice League in stock on release day. Now they have three discs with name recognition and they still can't get their stuff together. I'm amused not because I'm a jerk (well, a case could be made I am...), but because any of us actually expected BB to have their stuff together. It would have been nice and should have been an easy purchase, but this doesn't surprise me in the least.

Do we even have any reason to think that this wasn't cancelled or delayed? Has anyone seen them anywhere in the country? This really sucks because I was going to watch OHMSS with my wife tonight. It's strange that it's not even listed at their website.

According to posts 26 and 33 of this thread I started, it looks like the BB exclusive will be released 10/23:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/324068/james-bond-individual-blu-rays-target-best-buy-and-wal-mart-exclusives/30#post_3982875

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I went to 2 different Targets and Walmarts for Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies.

Target 1 had empty spots on the shelves for them. I had the employee scan for stock and he said they got 1 in and it had already sold. He told me it was in stock at another store, so I went there and again found an empty spot on the shelve. I had an employee check stock, and it turns out she hadn't put them on the shelves yet. She went to the back and came back with 2, and handed me one. I'm sure if she hadn't kept them in the back, then they would have been gone already and I would have left empty handed.

Both Walmarts I went to had no space anywhere on the shelves, nor had any idea they were released, nor had any information in their system about them.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Tomorrow Never Dies was 9.99, License to Kill was 14.99. The other one was 9.99, don't remember which one it was since I wasn't looking for it.

A side note, I picked up the 2-Disc Cinderella there and took it to the front non-electronics checkout figuring they would have less of a chance of noticing the coupon was for the 3 disc. The cashier there scanned the coupon and it registered no problem. Got back to work and noticed I had apparently picked up the Spanish version, everything on the cover was Dual language with both Spanish first and then English. Bizzare, I have never had that happen before, nor knew I had to look out for it. I haven't opened it yet, and am planning on exchanging it for the US version, but I'm anticipating the worst, since I'm sure the US version will be a different SKU number and then the Coupon will somehow have to transfer over and arrrrrrrrgh......

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Jeff Brooks said:
My local BB took the $5 coupon for the 2-disc Cinderella; however, it was not even in their system, and they did an override/price-match.
BB always puts in Manu coupons by hand. None of them are in the system.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I was able to use the $5 Cinderella coupon at my local Target for the 2-Disc version - no problem or questions.
David

For those of you looking for a good price on Olive Films releases such as Milk of Sorrow this week, an Amazon vendor called importcds has it for 18.21 or 21.19 shipped. I got a similar price for A Double Life last week and it appears that they sell all Olive Films releases for around this price. I've dealt with this vendor many times in the past and have had no problems.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
On these Bond exclusives...
Wanted to pick-up Diamonds Are Forever and On Her Majesty's Secret Service today and went to several Wal-Mart and Best Buy stores looking for them...nobody had them and nobody knew a thing about them. There was no shelf space in any store dedicated to them and as people have already reported Best Buy does not even have OHMSS in their system on blu. The Wal-Mart stores I went to all reported they had not received any copies of Diamonds Are Forever and claimed the blu just shows up as out of stock…which just happens to be how it is listed on Wal-Mart’s website as well.
Anybody have any luck finding either of these titles anywhere in the country? Was it a mistake that they were supposed to come out today?
Was this all just a hoax?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I finally found Goldeneye after four(!) Walmarts. The first two had no shelf space for them and no clue about anything and couldn't find anything in their system. The third was the same, except one of the employees told me that they were actually scheduled to come out on the 23rd. That contradicted reports I had read online. Finally at the fourth WalMart I visited, They had a large cardboard standee completely dedicated to the bond movies, with DVD's on one side, and Blu-Ray's on the other. The standee wasn't a generic one, it had pictures of Bond all over it, and text saying "Only at Wal Mart" so it was a pretty big production. I have no idea why this is such a clusterfuck. It's clearly a dedicated wal mart promotion, but none of the stores have any idea or clue about it at all...

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Reggie W /t/324108/weekly-roundup-10-2-2012/30#post_3983191
On these Bond exclusives...
Wanted to pick-up Diamonds Are Forever and On Her Majesty's Secret Service today and went to several Wal-Mart and Best Buy stores looking for them...nobody had them and nobody knew a thing about them. There was no shelf space in any store dedicated to them and as people have already reported Best Buy does not even have OHMSS in their system on blu. The Wal-Mart stores I went to all reported they had not received any copies of Diamonds Are Forever and claimed the blu just shows up as out of stock…which just happens to be how it is listed on Wal-Mart’s website as well.
Anybody have any luck finding either of these titles anywhere in the country? Was it a mistake that they were supposed to come out today?
Was this all just a hoax?

I did find all three Wal Mart exclusives in store last Thursday (and my .com order showed up today) so I returned a set to the store tonight. I've heard of the Target discs being hard to find and the BB ones not released until later in the month.

Did you find a big display at WalMart with Bond on it? One side had DVD's and the other had BD's...at least in my store.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Cameron, thanks for the heads up on the Monster set at Costco. I checked mine and I didn't see it. Maybe they didn't have it out yet which is odd.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Constern it! GoldenEye has apparently been seriously scrubbed and overcooked w/ DNR plus EE though sounds like the rest of the Bond series are probably fine enough... Bummers!

_Man_

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
No displays so far at the Wal-Mart's I've been to. I have given up on Best Buy because it seems that was a mistake and Best Buy won't have their "exclusives" until later in the month...but I learned that here not at a Best Buy where the staff seems uninformed and some may laugh but did not even know what I was talking about when I explained it was a Bond film...they thought I meant the new Bond film with Mr. Craig. :)
Store employee 1: "He means the new one Skyfall."
Me: "No, I don't."
Store employee 2: "Oh, that's not out yet."
Me: "No, this is an old Bond film."
Store employee 1: "No, it has not even come out at the theater yet."
Me: "No, not that one, this is from the 1960s."
Store employee 2: "It probably won't be out on blu-ray until next year."
Me: "No, not the new Bond film this is an old Bond film but new on blu-ray:"
Store employee 1: "Yes, it's not even in the new box set but we have the box set in stock."
Store employee 2: "Yes, I can get you one of the new box sets."
Me: "I feel like I'm in a Monty Python skit."
Store employee 1: "Doesn't he play the guy that comes up with all the gadgets?"
Me: "What?"
Store employee 1: "In the Bond movies he's the one that makes all the weird little gadgets Bond uses, right?"
Store employee 2: "Yes, I think that is him."
Me: "I gotta go guys thanks for your help."
Pretty much the highlight of my search so far :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks