What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-18-2005 (1 Viewer)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I hope you get the special 'lenticular cover' with the 2-disc Batman Begins at Best Buy as well. I'm a sucker for special packaging.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Here are a few of the Target new release prices for items not listed in the circular:

Batman Begins Deluxe Ed $24.99
Unscripted $29.99
Elektra Directors Cut $19.99
Big Lebowski CE $14.99

BTW, I got no $3 coupon with the Cinderella Gift Set I purchased at Target...

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the Roundup fellas!

Batman Begins Deluxe (ordered from Amazon)
He-Man -- wasn't going to get but BB came through with a nice price and I cannot pass it up

Batman Anthology will have to wait.

Greg

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I ended up going to Target, and I managed to get Batman Begins Deluxe Edition for $19.99.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I was just at Best Buy, and took a look at their lenticular Batman covers. They are quite nice!

NOT nice enough to pay a full $7 & tax on top of Amazon's price though!

ScottNJ

Auditioning
My local Target is also selling Batman Begins Deluxe Edition as a "temporary price cut" for $19.99. By using my $5.00 gift card I got for purchasing the Nightmare On Elm Street set earlier in the week, it came out to $14.99!! :)

Across the street, Wal-mart was selling it for $24.87...

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
State College, PA Best Buy took both the Cinderella Coupons for Toy Story and Tarzan, in addition to the package deal. Not bad at all, in the end.

Also the Batman 2-disc set (The 1989 movie) was coming up at 19.99. They corrected it for me, but beware.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Scored Lifeboat at Sam's Club for $11.88.

Neither Sam's nor Costco had any sign of the Reeves Superman set so I picked it up at BB for $24.99 with the help of some McDonald's coupons :)

Also picked up the 1943 Batman serial at BB for $14.99 which is an absolute steal. Thanks for alerting us to this special in the Round-Up Mike!

Steve

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I grabbed the Batman Begins 1-disc online for $14.99 with some best buy bucks - picked it up at the store.

In store I grabbed Toy Story & Tarzan using the $3 off coupons from Cinderella (used a print out of the coupons ...I forgot to grab mine this morning). I had to go to the personal shopper guy (Does anyone elses BB have this?) to get the additional $6 off to work with the mfg coupons. Used $6 of the Best Buy Bucks I used online and got them for $17.79 :)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
I pre-ordered my copy of Batman Begins: DE on CircuitCity.com for $14.99, but I don't think it has shipped as yet.

Those contemplating a pre-order of Titanic (3-Disc Special Edition) may want to hold off. Circuit City's website has a pre-order price of $19.99, but next week's flyer has it listed for $17.99. Not sure what Best Buy's price will be (won't know until Thursday), but I doubt BB's price will be as competitive.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator

Yep. They have a station setup in the middle of the store. They say you can call or e-mail them with a list of items and they will track them down for you. Also, they help with price/item issues, etc. And it's....Free. They recently re-designed the store and added this.

They have helped me twice with discounts/coupons that customer service wouldn't budge on.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Woohoo!

Talk about one satisfied customer! My order of Batman Begins and Lifeboat from amazon.com was waiting for me at home when I got off work this afternoon! Packaging was awesome. An oversized box contained the two discs shrink-wrapped side-by-side to a piece of sturdy cardboard inside the box with a shipping order attached.

The order cost me $29.97. $15.98 for Batman Begins and $13.99 for Lifeboat. Shipping was FREE!

The best I could have done locally is at Best Buy where I would have paid $22.99 for Batman Begins and $14.99 for Lifeboat. That total would have been $37.98. Add on 8.25% sales tax and the total becomes $41.11!

That's a savings of $11.14!

I'm a believer! I'm a believer! Quick! What else should I buy!?!? :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mike, one thing I like about Amazon is that if you have a problem (defective disc, it got scratched, etc.) with a DVD you bought from them, they ship you a replacement copy ASAP. You don't have to ship the defective copy to them and then wait to have them ship you another copy, they just ship you another copy out.

Hopefully, you won't have any problems but if you do... :)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy was all out of the Batman Anthology boxes by 3 PM when I went. The staff said they only got four of them in. Idiots. There's a sale they lost to DDD.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if the Wal-Mart price of $15.87 for Batman Begins 2-Disc set was strictly for online orders only? I was a bit miffed when I drove over to the store and it was price for $24.87 (my local BJ's had it for $20, so I bought it there).

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Swung into Costco and it only had the Batman singles at 18.49 each. Batman Begin 2-disc was 21.xx

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Picked up Batman Begins at BB. Took me ages to find a slipcase that wasn't damaged in some way. Nearly every one had some crumple or severe nick on them. They had a huge display in the back of the store (where the new release table was !!) and I found one there.

They only had three of the boxed sets and only one of those was undamaged as well.

Debating on the Batman serial DVD. Cover is almost worth the price alone. I think my son will enjoy it since he's too young to watch the other movies.

And, finally, BB does it again with only Full Screen copies of Land of the Dead. When I asked if they had any WS copies the drone checked, and said he had no record and tried to pull the "some studios release a SE a few months so you should wait for that." I said "No, I'll go over to CC and pick it up there."

-paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks