What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10-18-2005 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick.

I subscribe to 2 Sunday papers: The Californian (serving primarily the San Diego area) and the LA Times. This is the first time that I have seen 2 separate Fry's Electronics ads - both papers usually carry the same ad.

Fry's Electronics ad prices (San Diego & San Marcos stores only):
New Release
Batman Begins $14.99
Available Tuesday 10/18
Limit 1 Per Title Per Customer

Catalog Titles
House of Flying Daggers
Beauty Shop
xXx: State of the Union
Unleashed
Sin City
$13.99 Each

Prices good Sun, Oct 16, 2005 thru Tues, Oct 18, 2005.

------------------------

Fry's Electronics ad prices: Grand Opening 3-Day Sale - Newest Store Oxnard
(Also: Burbank, Fountain Valley, Woodland Hills, Manhattan Beach, Anaheim, & City of Industry stores):

New Release
Batman Begins $14.99
Available Tuesday 10/18

Catalog Titles
Unleashed $14.99
Kingdom of Heaven - Low Price Guarantee (same ad box as Unleashed)
Limit 1 Per Customer

More Catalog Titles
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
Catwoman
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
The Jacket
Your Choice $7.99 Each

Prices good Sun, Oct 16, 2005 thru Tues, Oct 18, 2005.

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the prices.

Getting this for this week.
Batman Begins: 2-disc Deluxe Ed.
Batman Anthology (1989-1997)
Big Lebowski: CE Gift Set
Tarzan: SE (Disney 1999) ( Too bad it is only 1 disc but I don't own any version)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks for the update Mike and Patrick! I've waited all summer for this back-breaker of a week!:D

The Adventures of Superman: Season One
Batman Begins 2-disc CE
Batman Anthology (1989-1997)
The Twilight Zone - Definitive Edition: Season Four

Joe D

Supporting Actor
The only store nearby me is Walmart.

Does anyone know what price they'll have 2 Disc Batman Begins, Batman (1989)and The Big Lebowski at?

Thanks a bunch.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
John Swarce, did you open it. if not just return it and buy it again.

if you did, open it, buy it again then return the new one with the old receipt.

all that if target wont let you honor todays add.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member

I find that B&M stores do not discount "deluxe" editions when standard editions are made available day & date. They seek to make their profit on customers who are more inclined to buy the deluxe edition. This is part of the very reason that studios are doing these dual releases.

Cory H.

Stunt Coordinator
Batman Begins DE w/ CC Litho
Batman SE
Batman Returns SE
Land of the Dead UR
Batman 1943 Serial Collection

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

No two Wal-Mart stores have the same prices. The only way to know what your Wal-Mart prices are is to go to your Wal-Mart.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I work for Target. You will definitely be able to get the adjustment for the sale price, but I am not sure if it will automatically fix the gift card issue. Let me know how it works out.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Huge week:

-Twilight Zone: Season 4
-He-Man & The MOTU: Season 1
-Lifeboat: SE
-Batman Anthology
-Batman Begins: Deluxe Edition
-Nip/Tuck: Season 1 (That $15.99 price is unbelievable -- glad I didn't shell out $45 for it when it first streeted)

Reward Zone Points + a $30 Gift Card for BB means they'll be getting all my money this week. I'm just glad they smoked a lot of competitors' prices this time around.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Twilight Zone S4 this week and with BB's price on He Man S1 I may pull the trigger on that one with some BB bucks.

adrian b

Stunt Coordinator
also, Walmart.com is listing Batman Begins DE (2 disc)@ $15.87

may be able to get the B&M stores to price match since it's wally-world..

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Adrian: Why bother? As long as you've got a Circuit City in town, your local W-M should price match their price of $14.99. No local CC though...and you'd be out of luck.

The electronics manager at the W-M closest to me usually surveys the local Sunday flyers for all the other stores and then prices all of his new releases a few cents cheaper than the lowest price listed in the ad.

But...not always. And when that happens, I know I can bring the flyer and get a price match...no problem.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Don't know where to post this, but Costco seems to be having some sort of special on Paramount TV shows. I just bought Cheers season 6 and Taxi season 3, which were both marked $24.99. The total rang up $28.99 (with tax). I told the cashier she must have made a mistake, but she hadn't, the register had just automatically applied a $12.00 discount to each of the dvd sets! I don't know what other sets get the discount, but it makes for a hell of a great price - $12.99 per tv show.

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Is 24.99 for He-Man at Best Buy correct (i.e. featured in their ad)? I ask because the price is still 34.99 @ bb.com. Most Tuesday releases are updated to the sale price now.

mike.

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
This is a heavy week for me (I've anticipated/dreaded it for months!) and price-wise a logistical nightmare. I am so eager to get Batman Begins, I may cave and take BB's lame "exclusive lenticular cover/toss-in-a-couple-of-cokes" deal.
EricSchulz, do you know if Target's even carrying Begins Deluxe? I'm definitely heading there first for the Anthology box. As always, thanks for the great help, Mike & Patrick!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, that Amazon deal on the deluxe edition of "Batman Begins" was too good to pass up (thanks for the info!). So I guess the damage for this week is that and the "Garfield" anthology (which was also a pretty good price, though I don't know why the "Holidays" set wasn't included).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks