What's new

Weekly RoundUp 10/12/04 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I'm with you on those, Dennis. Its funny, but Jerry Lewis films are one of those things that people seem to feel strongly about one way or another. To me, they always seemd like one-joke humor. To others (like the French and certain individuals at the HTF), the man is a genius.

Like my friend always reminds me whenever we disagree on something, "that's why they still make both chocolate and vanilla".

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anyone been to Best Buy yet today? I'm curious about their price on the That's Entertainment Collection--wondering if the bb.com price holds up or is lower in-store.

I'm figuring I'll start there 'cuz I want to pick up The Day After Tomorrow to get the bonus disc. Might end up checking BJ's wholesale Club, too for TE.

Jeff Wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Best Buy had the That's Entertainment collection for $50.99. Circuit City didn't have it at all. What a shock. They did have the first TE for $14.99; didn't see any single discs at Best Buy.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
$50.99?!?! :eek: I've seen the TE Collection for $49.99 at an FYE...with the individual discs each marked $14.99! If BB can't do better than an FYE price, there's something VERY wrong.

Thanks, Jeff, for the info!

I would consider getting the individual movies over time to spread out the $$$ pain, but I figured the fourth bonus disc would be worth it. And, if the set could be gotten for the $34.99 price posted at some of the on-line vendors, the fourth disc is basically free.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Costco actuals for store #390 in Livonia, MI:

That's Entertainment Box Set: $32.99
Jerry Lewis Collection titles: $8.79 each

They seemed to have most of the Jerry Lewis titles in stock, too.

Regards,

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Just a follow up on my question before about the BB bonus disc for The Day After Tomorrow.

Looks like it might be like the Master & Commander bonus disc, as it is only 14 mins.

(Haven't watched it since I want to watch the actual movie first)

Neil White

Supporting Actor

I had a good experience this weekend (a little off topic, sorry). I had a preferred customer coupon for 10% and wanted to use it on something that did not qualify. The chappy in the relevant section said no (politely) but I tried the checkout guy and he was very obliging. I came away happy.

BTW - I order on-line at bb.com and do a store pick-up. I get charged slightly less sales tax this way plus I earn contributions to my Upromise account for my kids college. If you don't do the latter, check it out....

N

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
I generally wouldn't consider myself a fan either...

BUT, I did pick up The Bellboy and The Ladies Man today as they are titles I am quite fond of.

Maybe I'm half French? ;)

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
I wouldn't worry about the BB 'Day After Tomorrow' bonus disc:
(all non-anamorphic) Fox movies promo; AVP trailer; Predator SE trailer; Alien Quadrilogy trailer; short I, Robot promo; then a REALLY REALLY short bit about creating opening scene of Day After-

Apparently they shot the actors on a small stage, and a COMPUTER added the rest!

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
That spoiler tag is pricess Tim!

Any idea about Costco's price for CSI this week? I have to renew my membership so I'm trying to guage if this is the week or not to renew it.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Tim ~ To be honest I'm probably more interested in the $10 off coupon for Alien Quad that comes with the disk than the disk itself. Either way it's in the mail so I'll check it out when it gets here.

Besides, always nice to add something else to the collection, esp. if it's free :)

Mike

Tim-H.

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim-H
Agreed, Mike. $10 off the Alien, Die Hard, or Bruce Lee set is a good thing! Maybe I was spoiled by that free Sky Captain disc BB had a month ago that had a bit more meat to it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just a quick report.

I DID secure the That's Entertainment! set for $34.99 at BJs on Tuesday. I then went to Best Buy and got The Day After Tomorrow for $15.99 with bonus disc and Damn Yankees for $14.99.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if Circuit City, in its 2 for $15 sale will sell you just one DVD for $7.50? There is only one title in the group I'm interested in and I'm unsure what their policy is on this. I know Target and some other stores have two-fer deals but actuall program the sale as single-prices for the individual titles. Any help?

Roy C.

Second Unit
Mike,

if they are anything like BB, they will charge you anywhere from 9.99 to 14.99 for those movies, when bought individually.

Just my 0.02...

Later,

Roy C.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
quote:Does anyone know if Circuit City, in its 2 for $15 sale will sell you just one DVD for $7.50? There is only one title in the group I'm interested in

Buy a second title as a Christmas gift. Only 73 more shopping days you know....
biggrin.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Roy! Bummer.

quote:Buy a second title as a Christmas gift. Only 73 more shopping days you know....

Maybe I ought to name you "Mr. Subtle".

Okay, I'll bite. What title should I get you for Christmas?
biggrin.gif

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
quote:Damn Yankees
Bet you've been saying that phrase a lot this week. I can just hear it now: 14YO Son: "Who's your Daddy, Daddy! Who's Your Daddy!"
laugh.gif

quote:Okay, I'll bite. What title should I get you for Christmas?
biggrin.gif

Hmmmm, I have been eyeing L.A. Story....
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks