What's new

Weekly Roundup 1/7 (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Got good deals today at Best Buy.
First I bought U-571 and K-Pax at $14.99 each and got the $10 Gift Card. Also used a 10% off Pref Cust Coup that I printed from here. Total for these 2 movies and the card, with tax, $28.00.
Then I went back and picked up Signs and Unbreakable on the 2 for $25 special, with tax, $26.50, minus the $10 gift card, came to $16.50.
This made the average price of those 4 movies $11.125 including tax, not too shabby.
I bought some other movies on my second trip in, (when I got Signs and Unbreakable), and I used another 10% Pref Cust Coup I had printed. They accepted it and the girl even entered it into the computer for Signs and Unbreakable, I saw her and I saw the prices drop from $12.50 to $11.25. But when she totaled it all out and started applying my gift card, the computer overrode that and listed those 2 together as a package, $12.50 each. Still I can't complain. I got the 4 movies above, plus Lethal Weapon 1-3 Directors Cut Box Set, Lethal Weapon 4 and Three Kings for a grand total of $116.02, including tax. This is an average of $12.89 per movie, including tax.
And $50 of that was a Gift Card I got at Xmas from my in-laws. :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Thanks, Tim. I'm not sure that I need to spend the extra $$ right now for a DTS track (much as I love 'em) and an improved picture over a disc that's fine to begin with.

On the other hand. . .who was BB matching at $9.99 for Signs???? THAT I need to find out!

Carlos V III

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone seen this sitting on a shelf...ANYWHERE?
Cooled off enough now to post this. I had a $10 GC from BB and knew from the Weekly Roundup (Thanks for all your work, Dave!)that BB would have The Shield for $49 and Target had it for $45. So on Tuesday Target had 5 copies, but BB had none. Had the blue shirt check and they had 2 on order which would come in either Wed or Fri. So, I figured I'd wait and if they didn't have it by Sat I'd just go ahead and get it at Target then.
Today (Fri) I go by BB and the 2 copies are on the shelf, so I grab one and show the Cashier the Target ad and ask for a pricematch before she applies my $10 GC. In a snotty tone of voice she say "You know we have to call the store and make sure they have it in stock before I can pricematch this?"
WTF! I gave her "the look" and said "Yeah, I'm going to come in hear and try to beat you out of $4, go ahead and do what you got to." I figured no problem since I knew Target still had 3 copies as of the night before. This was the only line open and people were lining up behind me and getting restless. After about 10 mins she hangs up and sez that Target no longer has any copies. All right, screw it, just go ahead and ring it up, it's not worth the bother.
Here's the interesting part. Target and BB are in the same strip mall with 2 other stores between them. I get out and I'm fixing to drive off when I decide to drop in to Target and pick up a couple things. While there I check the DVD section and there are 3 copies of The Shield sitting in plain sight! :angry:
I go back to BB seeing red and ask to see the manager as soon as I enter the door. I'm steaming, but I didn't yell or curse but very calmly told her that I had just purchased The Shield and had tried to pricematch Target's price and was told after an extended wait they couldn't do it since Target was out of stock. Obviously, either their clerk had never actually called or the Target clerk had just laid the phone down for a few minutes and then told her they were out.
Regardless, I thought it was ridiculous and that if they were going to make their customers jump through hoops to get a pricematch, that after what I just went through, for a $4 difference I was so P.O.'d that I would eat the additional $10 GC and take my money over to Target and buy it there. "You should either pricematch or not and stop these silly games. Give me my money back and I'll will go down to Target and spend my money!"
Now I can see them having to call on price differences that get into the double and triple digits, but calling for a $4 price diff was absolutely stupid! She looked every thing over and then offered to take off an additional $10 and asked if that would satisfy me? I came very close to telling her NO, but decided to take the additional $10. I agreed and once again told her they needed to make their mind up on their pricematching, either do it or stop the games and drop the policy. She said she would speak to her clerks about using some common sense on having to call other stores on pricematchs on such small amounts.
Well, that's enough of a rant. BTW, David, was Santa nice to you and bring you the Mintek-1710?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Hey on the 2 for $25, I was wondering, for those who already have Sixth Sense and Unbreakable, couldn't you buy Signs and Unbreakable, then later go back and return Unbreakable, (sealed), without a receipt? You'd probably get like $19.99 back and Signs would only have cost you like $6 with tax. Just tell them you got 2 of them as gifts over Xmas, you were out of town until this week, first chance to return it. Even if they only give you in-store credit, you could use that later. ;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Without a receipt, Best Buy would issue in store credit the lowest price for the title (in this case, $12.50, most likely) for the past 90 days (the period the store goes back to check for the lowest price seems arbitrary).

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well then you would still get only Signs for just $12.50, and not be stuck with an extra copy of Sixth Sense or Unbreakable. Not a bad deal. OF course, today's the last day for this special.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
By the way, I bought Buffy S3 at BJ's Warehouse Club today. The price they have there is $38.99. They had plenty of copies and that seems to be their regular price.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks