What's new

Weekly Roundup 1/7 (1 Viewer)

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Anyone else having trouble finding the BUFFY set at their local Best Buy? I went to several stores yesterday and none of them had it. One said they had received only one box and all 45 copies were gone in the first hour they were open. The second store didn't seem to have gotten any. Nor did they get any in the shipment they were expecting last night -- I just called and asked.

I have to say I feel fairly burned when this happens. Why advertise product as available on a certain day and then not have any?

Deborah

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
What Dave said (as usual). :)
If its advertised, and the ad doesn't say "no rainchecks", then they are obligated to give you a raincheck for that item. Now, whether they fill it or not, is another matter.
If all else fails, go to Wal-Mart, and get them to price-match it for you.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Damn Damn Damn I am so freakin annoyed! I want the shield season one on dvd and cc and bb dont have it! does anyone know what the deal is? :angry:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, The Shield is not in stock at any of the stores I usually shop in (Costco & Target are about the only ones I haven't made it to yet, and I'll try to hit them today). I get conflicting information IN THE SAME STORES like "we never got it" and "we sold out quickly". I'm not sure what is what.

Given the show's surprise success, the super-positive reviews (you should see how enthusiastic Gord is on this set over at TVShowsOnDVD.com...he even put up a news item encouraging people to buy the set!), and even news articles about this show and the DVD release on CNN.com and IMDB.com it IS possible that the retailers underestimated the number of copies they would need for street date.

I admit that I'm not THAT anxious to pick this up myself, but I've gotten curious with all the hype. Has anyone seen this sitting on a shelf...ANYWHERE?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Dave, my experience with the Shield is the same as yours I have two targets in my Area the first had three set (3 Sets only !) and sold out quickly. I was able to go to another target close to me who also got only 3 sets ! and they still had them. Best buy in my area received zero sets !
That's why when I see thread start that ask "Why Preorder" well now you see why. It's really not worth all the effort to try to find a copy of all but "A Titles" on release date. Even if it means saving a couple bucks. I'm not sure Costco even carried these.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Instead of getting a rain check for Buffy S3 at Best Buy, I think the thing to do might be to get on the Best Buy website and order it from there for either home delivery or pick-up at the store. The online price (at least this week) is the same $40 price, so you're not missing out on price. The problem with the rain check is not knowing when the copies are in - they often don't follow up with notifying you.

Neil

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Dave and Matt,

Thanks for the advice. I did ask for and receive a rain check and I know this is always an option. What I mind is the time and hassle of driving out to a store (or three) after work , in rush hour traffic, only to find the product is not available as advertised. I am not really blaming thr local stores -- they ordered plenty but what they ordered was not shipped to them. And I really do not understand why -- it is not as if the manufacturer and distributor has not known for weeks or even months when this product was due, where, and how much was needed. It just makes no sense to me.

Neil, I think I am going to do exactly as you suggest. Either that or just order it from DDD, which offers it for basically the same price as BB after the California sales tax is factored into the cost. But, so much for getting it on release day.

Deborah

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
I just remembered why I didn't pre-order the Buffy set and what the problem with ordering it on-line from Best Buy is: I can't use my Best Buy Zoner Rewards card if I do it this way. For some reason, the card can only be used on in-store purchases and I like to use it whenever I buy from BB. I have gotten two nice coupons already -- one for $10 and one for $5, which I earned fairly quickly just with my usual modest DVD purchaces.

Humph.

Deborah

Chad Seymour

Stunt Coordinator
I was able to use the $5 coupon that came in the FOX DVD sampler at BB for the Buffy Box set, bringing the total to $34.99. I was also picking up Signs and one of the employees told me to make sure that I got the price match for $9.99. I'm not even sure who it was for (CompUSA maybe?) but they had been ringing it up at the register already. Pretty good deal!

Chad

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I was at Best Buy on Tuesday and no Buffy 3. They said check back later because they were expecting DVD shipments but couldn't say for certain if Buffy was going to be included.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Good Luck dave , but since Target got so few of these Advertised items I would'nt count on it being there.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Good Luck dave , but since Target got so few of these Advertised items I would'nt count on it being there.
Again, I ask the question: Why advertise product you are not going to carry? And assuming the stores in question indtended to carry the product advertized, what's up with stores not getting what they ordered?

It's hard to do our part for the limping consumer economy if we can't buy the things we desire, isn't it?

Double humph. (And phooey, too.)

Deborah

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I Do think the demand for the Shield was underestimated, then again only 3 copies of an advertised disk is ludicrous despite the title and price.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Well I finnaly got my copy of the shield! Walmart in Porter Ranch California had a bunch of copies of it and they price matched for the target price.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
2 of the Wally Worlds in my area must have had about 8 copies each of The Shield as of yesterday. Price was $49.96.

Good Luck

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks