What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-6-2015 (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
And thankfully Amazon has just lowered their price of Boyhood to match Best Buy's $19.99 offering.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Amazon matched the BB.com price on Looking ($26.99). I reordered mine instead of taking the time to go to BB tomorrow.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
BOYHOOD is out today, guys. A gem of a movie, 12 years in the making, and Linklater and cast pull it off. It will take you back to your growing years; it will take you back to the growing years of your child (if you have one). It is real. It is human. It is great. Do not underestimate it. Its long running time zips by aided by the superb acting, writing and directing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
bujaki said:
BOYHOOD is out today, guys. A gem of a movie, 12 years in the making, and Linklater and cast pull it off. It will take you back to your growing years; it will take you back to the growing years of your child (if you have one). It is real. It is human. It is great. Do not underestimate it. Its long running time zips by aided by the superb acting, writing and directing.
I think long running times is one of the worst trends in movies today but Boyhood is the rare cases where the run time is earned and adds to the movie.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I'm a firm believer that a true artist knows when to stop. The rest is self-indulgence. Sometimes the best gift a director can receive is a pair of scissors.

Time is, of course, relative. :) Particularly to the tolerance of your butts and bladders.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Some 75-minute movies are too long, and some 3-hour movies are too short, but those are the exceptions. It all depends on the story being told.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Aaron Silverman said:
Some 75-minute movies are too long, and some 3-hour movies are too short, but those are the exceptions. It all depends on the story being told.

Inherent Vice...too long at 148 minutes. American Sniper...too short at 132 minutes. At least for my money.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jason_V said:
Inherent Vice...too long at 148 minutes. American Sniper...too short at 132 minutes. At least for my money.
It depends on the scope of the movie, but I can't say for sure until I actually view the film in question.

Users who are viewing this thread