What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– The Man Who Would Be King – 1975
full

– Love and Monsters – 2020
full

– Captain Newman, M.D. – 1963
full

– Ingagi – 1930
full

– Rough Night in Jericho – 1967
full

– Yellow Rose – 2019

The Prices

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And ONWARD to 2021! :D

Happy New Year, RoundUppers!

Aside from the cleansing of the 2020 calendar from our existence, another new year means another anniversary for the ol' RoundUp. We're celebrating our 17th anniversary this week and the start of our 18th year in bringing new release titles/prices to you!

A few years ago I posted up this reminder of what a 2004 version of the RoundUp looked like! Enjoy! (And be EXTREMELY CAREFUL to avoid the "Modified Aspect Ratios" included in those releases! :laugh: )

A slow start to this new year...but maybe, just maybe, there's a title there for you.

Here's to a happy and safe 2021!

Bored New Year GIF

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I forgot to mention I've got Yellow Rose pre-ordered this week. I need to get my Lea Salonga fix! :D

I've already got the original digibook Blu release of The Man Who Would Be King.

And while I am intrigued whenever a title like Ingagi presents itself, I remind myself that I've got too many titles I haven't watched yet! :laugh:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for another great year of prices, Mike!

I Redboxed Love and Monsters and really dug it, so I'll probably pick up the 4K disc for that one once the price drops enough.

Eva Noblezada absolutely blew me away as Eurydice when I saw Hadestown on Broadway, so I'll probably pick up the Blu-ray for Yellow Rose on the basis of that alone.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Seems rather odd to see all those Hallmark Christmas specials/movies streeting this week on DVD....

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Texas Across The River
Man Who Would Be King
The 100

all preordered - hopefully arriving around Tuesday.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I have Yellow Rose pre-ordered. I'm a huge fan of both Eva Noblezada and Lea Salonga, and this was one of my most anticipated movies of 2020. I was really disappointed about having to miss it in theaters due to the current circumstances so am very much looking forward to seeing the Blu-ray.

I've got Yellow Rose pre-ordered this week.

Does yours have a delivery date yet? Mine still says Amazon's usual "We will email you when we have a delivery date for this item" nonsense.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Congratulations on the anniversary of another great year of Round-Ups. I am slated to review one of this week's entries, but it hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully next week though folks in the distributions offices may be on vacation until the first full week of the new year.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon never gave me a delivery estimate on my pre-order of Yellow Rose, and now they are listing it as "temporarily out of stock" for new orders: "Temporarily out of stock. We are working hard to be back in stock. Place your order and we’ll email you when we have an estimated delivery date. You won’t be charged until the item ships."

As such, I cancelled my pre-order and switched it over to Best Buy. I called my local store to see if they were going to get any copies in for pickup, which they aren't. So I cancelled with Amazon and pre-ordered with Best Buy yesterday afternoon (it's past midnight now here.). My order status from Best Buy says they are "Getting It Ready" and it should arrive by Friday. I was hoping Amazon would come through so I wouldn't have to pay shipping, but to me it's worth the extra money in order to know when it's coming. I also really want to see it as soon as possible.

Incidentally, Best Buy's website is now sold out, so I guess I'm not the only one who noticed Amazon having trouble on this disc.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Amazon never gave me a delivery estimate on my pre-order of Yellow Rose, and now they are listing it as "temporarily out of stock" for new orders: "Temporarily out of stock. We are working hard to be back in stock. Place your order and we’ll email you when we have an estimated delivery date. You won’t be charged until the item ships."

As such, I cancelled my pre-order and switched it over to Best Buy. I called my local store to see if they were going to get any copies in for pickup, which they aren't. So I cancelled with Amazon and pre-ordered with Best Buy yesterday afternoon (it's past midnight now here.). My order status from Best Buy says they are "Getting It Ready" and it should arrive by Friday. I was hoping Amazon would come through so I wouldn't have to pay shipping, but to me it's worth the extra money in order to know when it's coming. I also really want to see it as soon as possible.
I just got an email from Best Buy saying my copy was delayed indefinitely, and I ordered from them back in December. So I would say there's definitely an issue.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just got an email from Best Buy saying my copy was delayed indefinitely, and I ordered from them back in December. So I would say there's definitely an issue.

I have yet to receive a shipping notice from them yet. The website still says "Arriving by Friday," but in order to do that they'd have to send it one-day shipping by tomorrow. I doubt that very much.

Has anyone actually been able to obtain a copy of this? I'm wondering if perhaps Sony decided to scrap the Blu-ray release. Amazon and Best Buy do not appear to be having as much of a problem stocking the DVD version. Amazon says the DVD will be in stock on January 18. Best Buy is offering the DVD on January 14. So there's an issue there as well, but not as significant as with the Blu-ray version.

Obviously, the DVD is not what I want. But if the Blu-ray isn't actually coming out, I would accept the DVD as a means to have the movie on disc format.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
@Adam Lenhardt @Mike Frezon The Best Buy website now says my copy of is "Arriving Tomorrow," but I still haven't received a shipping notice. Given Adam's email, I'm thinking it won't come tomorrow. If both Amazon and Best Buy are out of it, I'd rather go back to Amazon because Best Buy preauthorized my card and Amazon wouldn't. What a mess.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It does seem to be a format issue. Even Bull Moose has the DVD in stock, but the blu-ray is marked as out of stock/MOD. Unclear if demand is overwhelming their ability to MOD the blu's, or if they decided not to make any.

1610057947832.png

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I just got the email from Best Buy that @Adam Lenhardt got a couple days ago saying that it would be delayed. I cancelled it so that they would release the hold on my funds. All things being equal, if Amazon ever gets it in stock, I'll just reorder it from them and save shipping.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have no additional information, but it sure seems like they just decided not to release a Blu-ray of the title.

Won't be the first time it happened.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
it sure seems like they just decided not to release a Blu-ray of the title.

I have come to the same conclusion and just ordered the plain DVD version from Amazon. Their price for this version is currently $12.96 as of this writing. It is also not currently in stock, but they are taking orders for it and say will be in stock on January 21. My delivery estimate is January 23-26.

Best Buy is offering the DVD "in ten days" for $14.99.

There have occasionally been titles that didn't get a Blu-ray release where I accepted a DVD. Wild Mountain Thyme which is coming out in February is another recent title that will be going DVD only. While I would of course prefer a Blu-ray release, I know what is happening and I will buy Wild Mountain Thyme as a DVD.

The difference here is that Yellow Rose was announced as a Blu-ray. I can't recall a situation before where a title I wanted was actually announced as a Blu-ray and then they decided to go with DVD only after the fact. That is more disappointing to me than if Sony had just admitted it was going to be DVD only from the outset.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I have come to the same conclusion and just ordered the plain DVD version from Amazon. Their price for this version is currently $12.96 as of this writing. It is also not currently in stock, but they are taking orders for it and say will be in stock on January 21. My delivery estimate is January 23-26.

Best Buy is offering the DVD "in ten days" for $14.99.

There have occasionally been titles that didn't get a Blu-ray release where I accepted a DVD. Wild Mountain Thyme which is coming out in February is another recent title that will be going DVD only. While I would of course prefer a Blu-ray release, I know what is happening and I will buy Wild Mountain Thyme as a DVD.

The difference here is that Yellow Rose was announced as a Blu-ray. I can't recall a situation before where a title I wanted was actually announced as a Blu-ray and then they decided to go with DVD only after the fact. That is more disappointing to me than if Sony had just admitted it was going to be DVD only from the outset.
I was in Target on Tuesday and didn't see Yellow Rose in either format. I went to Wal*Mart today (back in the day it is where I picked up the DVD of the Unrated version of Y Tu Mama Tambien). They did not have either format or a space where it would have been.

It's a good thing SONY had nothing to do with the development of the blu-ray - or I might be concerned about the future of blu-rays ... ;) :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks