What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-31-2006 (1 Viewer)

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
Thanks as usual, guys. However, Mike, I really think you missed the opportunity to show off a pic of Benny Hill slapping the little old man on the top of the head. :)

Anyway, I'll be getting Dune (for about the forth time), and Bubble since my fair city doesn't seem to want to show it theatrically.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What?!?! No love for the old classics like Cimarron or Captains Courageous?! I never featured so many pictures at the top of a RoundUp before! THESE ARE CLASSICS, PEOPLE! :D

George: Do you know something I don't know?! This planned SE of MBFGW has showed up each of the last three weeks on various "new release" lists (including THIS week). Amazon lists it for $18.73 this week...but no one else is listing it. It was on a number of lists for last week when My Big Fat Independent Movie was released...but it didn't show up then either. Any info you have (or anyone for that matter) would be appreciated! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dillon*G

Second Unit
I'm getting:
-The Corpse Bride
-Curse of the Pink Panther
-Four Weddings and a Funeral: DE
-In Her Shoes
-Inspector Clouseu
-Legend of Zorro
-The Pink Panther Cartoon Collection
-Son of the Pink Panther

Thanks for all the prices Mike and Patrick.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

On any normal week, Bubble would have been featured at the top of the RoundUp. But much like its misfortune at the box office, it was released on a VERY busy week among other kinda high-profile DVDs.

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Any reason these particular Muppet movies are being released in a 3-pack? The (original) Muppet Movie, Manhattan, and Caper make more sense as a three pack to me, at least.

JKS

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Yes I do know something you don't. :) While Captains Courageous can certainly be called a classic, Cimarron is quite possibly the worst and least deserving film to ever win an oscar, and most certainly does not deserve the title of classic. :) :) :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

what boxed set.
nver mind i guess the one from last year that was retro vinyl.

so these are just a single release identical to each title on the set. noting new here?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
On a serious note, Mike, have you seen Cimarron? If you've seen it and still think it's a classic, then we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. :)

I'm one who passed on that Pink Panther box set, since I'm only interested in the first 2 films, so I'm thrilled that they're being released individually.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Nope. Guilty as charged. I'm just dazzled by the Best Picture Oscar, I guess. But, now I'll have the chance to decide for myself. :) That's the best part.

I just got the chance to see The Man With the Golden Arm for the first time. What a thrill. All these years of wondering about Frank's "serious" role. A very cool movie. The Elmer Bernstein score was outrageous. The DVD medium has given me a new interest in film over the past few years that I have been embracing and enjoying. When I got to see the restored '33 King Kong, I was given a real treat. It was a film I had not seen in years and only had fuzzy memories and perceptions of. Cimarron will have to be added to my queue of films-to-see. Unfortunately, that list is quite long. I just printed up my collection using DVD Profiler and highlighted those films I have yet to actually see (like The Man with the Golden Arm) and its quite long. On the one hand... :frowning: On the other hand... :) I am enjoying each one as it comes and finding something of value out of each one...whether its the performances, the score, the colors, the sound.

I knocked another one off my list last night. I watched the Transporter 2 with my son. We missed it in the theater and now I'm kinda glad I did. There was a discussion on this film over in Software which I need to revisit because I am so surprised that fans of the first Transporter film really liked this one...some liked it even better! My son and I kept exclaiming throughout "THAT doesn't make any sense!". It's enjoyable to suspend one's belief during a film...but this stretched that to a new low. Nevertheless there were things to enjoy and appreciate...such as Jason Statham's athleticism and performance. he's really quite good. I suspect with the right vehicle he might be a big star someday.

I'll let you know what I think of Cimarron.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
legend of zorro is not a good blind buy.. it was horrible. lacked the charm of the first movie.

JACOB

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the pic, Mike. I'll take hot Brit babes anytime (and I couldn't find the picture of the old boy either)!

Pat

Chris Minogue

Stunt Coordinator
So, I guess nobody will have All American Girl on sale this week? :frowning: That is the only thing I am interested in. I just hope I can find it.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
This week will be very painful on the wallet.

X-Files 1, 2, 3
Rat Patrol
Legend of Zorro
ECW: Bloodpsort
Dune
Hill Street Blues S1

Later on: A-Team S3, Knight Rider S3, Magnum P.I. S3

Thanks for the roundup fellas.

Greg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Chris: BB and CC do not have it listed in thier flyers.

All-Anerican Girl: Complete Series (1994)

Amazon: $27.99 (with free shipping!)
BestBuy: $34.99
Circuit City: $34.99
Deep Discount DVD: $23.93 (with free shipping!)

Doubt you're going to do much better than DDD. Good luck!

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
I owe a you a long over-due Thank You for all the work you put into this. I come to this thread every week and find it invaluable. :)

This week is going to cost me a small fortune, what with all the Pink Panther movies, (I'm missing 4 from my collection), Pink Panther cartoons, Tom & Jerry cartoons, Captains Courageous, and the extended edition of Dune. But then again, think of all the money I'm saving :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks