What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon submitted a new blog post

Weekly RoundUp 1-29-2019
WRU-Banner-2019-1024x661-copy-1024x661.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey Rounduppers!

Nothing new for me this week. Safe shopping for y'all! :D

And...thanks for all the "likes" each week. I sure do appreciate all the appreciation! I don't say that enough. :rock:

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work, Mike!

I have The Wife coming from Amazon this week. Glenn Close is getting the attention for it, and she should since she is fantastic in it. But I think the movie itself is one of the best movies of 2018, and no one is mentioning that. I'm really looking forward to seeing it again. I would highly reccomend it to anyone who missed it during its theatrical run.

Boy Erased really wasn't all that great. I would recommend The Miseducation of Cameron Post instead, which has a similar concept but which is superior in pretty much every respect.

Also...Willow is listed in the grid as a Lucasfilm release. Is that being handled by Disney now? If so, that's interesting, because Amazon is still selling a pre-order of it. I'm not planning to get it, but given what's been going on with them (and which continues to affect The Nutcracker and the Four Realms out this week), Willow still accepting orders at this point is interesting.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks as always for the RoundUp, Mike.

A quiet week for me. I'll update In the Heat of the Night at some point, and I'll see The Wife eventually though I don't know if I'll buy a disc of it until after I've seen it.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Thanks for the link to my Suspiria review. Here's the thread for discussion. Anyone see this yet?
https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/suspiria-2018-bluray-review.360574/#post-4694578

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is Disney the distributor of this now?

Yes. It should be on the DMC site tomorrow, but either they bought the rights in the Lucasfilm buyout (explaining why the original Fox distributed BD was pulled after a year or so) and/or completed it with the Fox.

Willow has a weird lineage -- it was started by Lucasfilm and cofinanced by MGM. MGM only had the Theatrical and TV rights while Lucas still had Home Video. The original Home Video right for VHS were sold to RCA/Columbia which then went to Columbia/Tristar (Sony) and eventually even Fox released a VHS. DVD was then moved to FOX, BD at FOx, and now BD/DVD will be released by Buena Vista.

Apparently the new Bluray still starts with the MGM and Lucasfilm logos

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks