Weekly RoundUp 1-29-2013

Jason_V

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The Dark Knight Returns II has shipped and I hope to have it for viewing tomorrow night...

Mike Frezon

Originally Posted by TonyD
I didn't look that close at the tag sorry.
No worries. I've got a couple of U&S coupons to use and this is definitely a title in which I am interested.
I hope to get to a BB Tuesday or Wednesday night to check things out.

Mike Frezon

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon
Originally Posted by TonyD
I didn't look that close at the tag sorry.
No worries. I've got a couple of U&S coupons to use and this is definitely a title in which I am interested.
I hope to get to a BB Tuesday or Wednesday night to check things out.
Got my answer tonight...but didn't get my movie.
So...I ordered from Amazon which has it listed for $15.99. Whatever. I used my unused U&S coupons on a couple of other things.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeh I grabbed one of the two I saw and after trade and save and some RZ certs I paid about six bucks

Jason_V

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon
Great deal...if they'd only stock the freakin' things.
I should have snapped a shot of the entire sale rack. It was practically empty.
Gee...that's a complete shock cuz BB has always been super good about keeping their shelves stocked.
I hope the sarcasm was evident in the above statement. If not, I'll try to work on that for next time...

Malcolm R

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, they love to whine about how sales are decreasing, but it's pretty hard to buy when there's nothing on the shelves to begin with. Seems rather counter-intuitive to me to lease real estate for the purpose of retail sales, then have nothing in that space but empty shelves.

DennisBassi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dennis
Die Hard: 25th Anniversary Collection is on sale at Fry's electronics for $24.99. It is backordered on Frys.com but they will accept the order and honor the price.

ManW_TheUncool

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Did anyone notice that Echo Bridge apparently released a batch of BB exlcusive BDs this past week, which BB priced at $5.99? I picked up Grifters and was tempted to pick up Music of the Heart as well, but haven't seen any comments on quality of the latter (and saw that it's missing the original 5.1 track according to its backcover). Watched Grifters last night and agree w/ a couple comments on another site that it's enough of an upgrade for the ~$6 price, especially since it's not likely to get any better release for the forseeable future. _Man_

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
ManW_TheUncool said:
Did anyone notice that Echo Bridge apparently released a batch of BB exlcusive BDs this past week, which BB priced at $5.99?
Be aware that Echo Bridge frequently (always?) crops 2.35 movies to 1.78. That's not an issue for the 1.85-shot The Grifters but just a general heads up.

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkoenig4