What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1/27 (Dave's vacation draws to a close) (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I've been skipping over the Friends sets but the last season hype has made me nostalgic and $90.00 savings! More than likely there will be a future promotion for all the sets, but it's a good (bargain) place to start!

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Thanks for all your hard work in Dave's absence. Just Friends this week.
The rest (Dilbert, Critic, and Comic Book) are going on the purchase later list.

The Fry's ad in the DFW area has Friends for $24.99.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ciruit City has Comic Book: The Movie for $15.99

My mistake in the RoundUp. It has been corrected.

I'm beginning to think I need a vacation.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks again Mike for helping out! As for the BB House of the Dead deal... they could be giving away the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD for free and I still wouldn't buy it. I'm surprised HOTD didn't make the Ebert & Roeper 10 worst for 2003 list. On the bright side this does look to be a good animation on DVD week with Alice, G.I. Joe, and The Critic.

Chris S.

Okay I might buy it for SW but I would have to think really hard about it :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

:laugh: Great job, Mike! Stewardship of the Round-Up is definitely not as easy as Dave makes it look.

Probably just "The Critic" and "Alice in Wonderland" for me this week.

PS - No "Green Acres" at BJ's, but found it at the Best Buy next door and between my rewards certificates and a gift card, the couple extra bucks were fairly painless. :D

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
If anyone hasn't picked up all the start trek movies that have been rereleased and would like to get them all in one package Paramount will release the Original Crew Movie Collection yet again with all SE version of the movies. You can get it for $75 at bestbuy or even under $70 for other online stores. That makes a good deal for all 6 movies.

Tommy G

Screenwriter

Am I missing something or is this a new anamorphic release? Just wondering because I would definitely upgrade if this is the case.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Anybody think Walmart will carry Star Trek 6 SE?

I can't remember if they sold the earlier SEs DayOne or not.

Although I think I've seen the older ones around the store.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I really think this is a misprint by Amazon. It looks like the same Anchor Bay release as what was previously released. Nothing new.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Mike, for all the work.

I am considering Capturing the Friedmans. This is a film I tried really hard to catch in the theaters last summer, but somehow didn't get to. Has anyone seen the film? Is it worth a buy, in your opinion? I have to say that the subject matter is intriguing, if a bit on the grim side. I would not hesitate for $14 - $15, but this one is a bit pricey. Thanks if you can help.

Deborah

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Mike, my feet aren't too big...just smelly. :D

Walmart IS carrying Star Trek 6 SE, at least mine is (for an absurdly low price of just over $14!!). Prices vary by location. But it's already in their backroom.

Patrick, I am holding off on many very-desired releases this week, too. Sigh.

And I'll join everyone in thanking Mike for a job VERY well done. And I'll point out that my phone service is out today at my house. Not a neighborhood thing. A "my house thing".

No dialtone. No DSL service. :frowning:

I hope it's fixed by the weekend. Or else I'll be hollering, "Hey Mike!..."

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
For anyone who collects MySony points, you can get The Critic for $28+tax (free shipping!) or Dilbert for $30+tax (also free shipping, I would guess).

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Deborah, is Capturing the Friedmans the film that was shot on a camcorder by one of the sons? Kinda a video diary of the family, and then the project turned wild as this whole crazy thing with the cops came center frame?

If so I remember reading about it and was very interested. If it wasn't for your question I would have totally missed that it was released this week. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks