What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1/20 (Dave's Vacation - Week #3) (1 Viewer)

Jeff D

Supporting Actor

sub $15 ($14.81?) for both open range and once upon a time in america at the Mt View, CA walmart if anyone cares.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Don't know if this is a Costco specific thing or not, but Stargate SG-1 Season 5 there has a Jeremiah bonus disc (shrinkwrapped in the box inside the blister pack), with the premiere episode and a $5 coupon for Jeremiah Season 1 on DVD.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
The Jeremiah bonus disc was on copies of Stargate S5 I saw at Best Buy as well. Looks like an MGM thing, not a retailer thing (we'll know for sure when I get my copy of S5 from Amazon).

I think it's a great idea. I don't know much about "Jeremiah" (other than it's JMS's latest), but I welcome the chance to try it out.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
As I mention in another thread, Best Buy did not accept the $5 coupon from MGM for Jeremiah that I received in email. So, getting the one from SG-1 S5 looks like the way to go. BJs is supposed to be getting SG-1 S5 in for $43, but our local store only has it on order at the moment.

Neil

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Walmart in Northampton, MA had Open Range for $13.88 on DVD! I happened to be there on business today and stopped in. They were sold out. The CSM told me that he usually prices new releases at that price to avoid competition & price matching from Terget & Best Buy. He said that he didn't get enough of Open Range this week and ran out early and won't be getting more until Monday:frowning: Walmart in Pittsfield, MA had plenty priced at $17.87. Figures.

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator
I found the Wal-Mart in Westminster, CO had it for 14.77. This was after I found my local store had it for 19.99 The only thing I noticed different is that the store in Westminster has a Best-Buy next to it. I am sure they were reacting to there special promo deal.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I called Best Buy customer service today and they said that accepting the Jeremiah $5 coupon was up to the individual store. During the call I mentioned the main MGM page which also has a button to get the coupon. It was suggested that I print that out and talk to the manager of the store.

So, I went to the store tonight and got the manager to authorize use of the coupon even though it was not in their computer. So, after tax it was $52.74 which is pretty decent.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks