What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1/18/05 (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I know Target is carrying "The Cookout" and "Cellular" but they are not pictured in the ad. I'll post prices later today.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
FYI

Wal-Mart is selling Friday Night Lights with a 40 minute behind the scenes Bonus DVD. The package with this in it is $19.96 (in my area) so perhaps you can pull a pricematch to get this for $14.99.

It looks decent but I have not opened it to watch it yet.

Greg

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Disappointing Target Pricing:

Aladdin II & III Collection $24.99
Cellular $19.99

Oh well, off to Wal-Mart and possibly Circuit City.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Dang! I didn't know that Costco was running any DVD specials. Of course, they pretty much cleaned me out with their holiday specials last month!

Simpsons S5 for $24 would have been nice. . .then again, I barely have time to watch my Sony screeners anyway. . .

So many movies, so little time!

Kevin Clemons

Stunt Coordinator

Mine also, but my Wal-Mart only has the bonus disc packaged with the full screen release. Even the price tags at my WM had "FNL FF W/Bonus Disc" and the widescrens were also on the cube but only on the bottom row on each side. When I asked the guy at the front of the store with the Asst. Mgr name tag he told me that they put the bonus disc with what they think will sell best and for their store it is full frame. I promptly handed my widescreen disc back to him and said gee I wonder why.

Kevin

dOc!

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

Being that it is a direct to video release, it would be safe to say that the 1.33:1 ratio is the OAR.

Greg S

Supporting Actor

Kevin,

Had the same problem at my store HOWEVER upon further review I found a ton of the Widescreen ones. No shlef tag for it and the "banner" like piece of cradboard at the bottom is IDENTICAL to the FF. The only difference between the 2 was in small print in the lower left hand side that side WIDESCREEN EDITION or FULLSCREEN EDITION.

There were plenty of each but what had happened was someone had place FS editions in front of each stack of the WS ones. Not sure if you dug through all of them but it may be worthy of a second look. The bonus disc looks promising but again I have yet to crack mine open.

Greg

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Just picked-up the following at my local Wal-Mart (Murrieta, CA):

Cellular $14.88
Friday Night Lights $14.87
Aladdin II & III Collection $15.88

Other pricing:

Catwoman $14.88
Cookout $15.88
The Forgotten $14.88

I haven't viewed either of them yet, but "Fullscreen Aspect Ratio (1.33:1)" is listed in the Technical Specifications on the reverse side of the cases for both movies.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Some Target prices:
Cellular: $19.99
Kung Fu S2: $29.99
Curb Your Enthusiasm S3: $34.99
Cookout: $19.99

Dillon*G

Second Unit
I got the Genie plush to go with my Abu plush from the original.I also got the book of Friday Night Lights at BB. :)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
geez mike ... design a new layout and suddenly you're everyone's best friend! :rolleyes

:D ;) :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Was hoping for a $12.99 price for the Farscape Starburst Season 1 Vol 2 DVD, but I guess that was an intro price for the first volume to get you hooked. So I snagged one at Best Buy at the $15.99 price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks