What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-16-2007 (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The Animation Show and Clerks 2 in HD for me. Thanks for the heads-up about The Animation Show; it sent me to their website where I learned Volume 3 is playing a local theater with Bill Plympton in attendance this week!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Here's what I know about the 24: Season 6 premiere discs.

They were advertised during Hour #4 tonight. They also claim to have a sneak preview of Hour #5.

Still no price up at Amazon. But Best Buy is now posting the item with a price of $9.99. Circuit City is still at $12.99. Here's the cover from amazon.com:

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
The only set that I am currently planning on getting is volume 2 of The Legend of Prince Valiant cartoon series - released on 1/16/07

For those also interested:
MSRP $39.95
Circuitcity.com $34.99
Bestbuy.com $28.99
Amazon.com $29.99
DDD $21.77

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bonnie:

Thanks so much for supplying that info.

Sorry I didn't include the title myself...but I never saw it on any of my "new release" lists. Thanks for posting up the prices! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick.

Nothing was on my list this week . . . and then I stopped by Target on Tuesday and saw the 24: Season 6 Premier DVD for $9.99.

Correct - The DVD contains the first 4 episodes of Season 6 that were broadcast Sunday and Monday evenings. It also contains the First Act (the first 12 minutes) of Episode 5. What really convinced me to buy it is the enclosed coupon - here are the terms:
Get $10 Off On Any One Of DVD Season 1-6* With This Coupon

* Season 6 Upon Availability
Instant Coupon Redeemable At Your Local Retailer
Coupon valid until 2/29/08
So, I picked it up because it will be a wash for me when I pick-up the entire Season 6 in December.

Mike - please remember to include this in The Specials for the December 4, 2007 (give or take a week) Weekly RoundUp. :laugh:

I'll even draft it for you:
You can save an additional $10 on 24: Season 6 at any B&M if you purchased the 24: Season 6 Premiere DVD back in January. Open up your DVD case and check for that $10 off coupon!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, the way that I read that 24 coupon is that it's good on the regular price of the sets so you may not be able to use it on the S6 set when it's on sale its first week.

EDIT: Over in the TV thread, Mike says he thinks the coupon will be good. Hopefully he's right and I'm wrong.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

It'll be interesting to see if I do remember to to mention the coupon in the appropriate Round-Up! :D Bet I will! ;) Because there'll be no way I'm not getting my $10 back!!! :laugh:

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
My educated guess (that's 18+ years of working at Target) is that a retailer might refuse the coupon, but it's pretty much at their discretion. Places like Wal-Mart and Target, that scan all the merchandise and coupons (basically without ever really looking at what you purchase) will most likely take them with no problem. I've never used a manufacturer's coupon at Best Buy/Circuit City so I am not sure how their system works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks