What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-12-2010 (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I have heard really good things about Moon. but I'll wait until the price it a bit lower for a blind buy. I miss the Christmas BD pricing already, December prices were really nice.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Happened to be in WalMart this morning. One of the local ones had ST: Voyager S1 for $19.96. The new editions of Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Pete's Dragon were both $10. In case anyone's interested.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon ">[/url]

It looks like there are [i]some [/i]decent post-holiday Blu prices...just not on new releases.
[/QUOTE]Basically more or less what I expected, which is still better than how it was this time last year (for catalog titles and older releases). I'm expecting to take a break from buying new/recent releases probably until mid-spring or so.

I've got more than enough discs in my to-watch-queue anyway, especially w/ that big 5-season set of Lost on BD and the 2-season BD set of Rome (both from the couple 70%-off? Amazon deals). I'm only ~1/2 way thru S2 of Lost so far (after ~2 weeks) -- had thought about trying to watch them all by start of the OTA broadcast of S6, but I think I won't bother/want to catch S6 during broadcast since I don't think I can stand watching just 1 episode per week combined w/ all the commerical breaks.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Last Action Hero in widescreen! FINALLY!!!!! And in HD, no less!

There's even some sort of BD-Live trivia track.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Yes, Cameron, considering that Lost 5 just streeted over a month ago, that's an excellent price. I don't have 1 & 2 on BD and might pick 'em up. Of course, $24.99 would be even nicer !

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Rick-

Do you know where I can buy some 2 disc BD blanks? You were reading my mind about Cast Away. I got the BD at Best Buy for $9.99 and I want to pull my SD extras disc and store it with the BD feature.

Whoops! I found them on eBay! What I also need is a couple of the multi-disc cases. The case for my National Parks BD is a mess on the inside. The internal disc holders don't have the hinges needed to attach to the case.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ed: There's also a guy in the Software for Sale/Trade forum (bur1136) who sells BD cases (singles & doubles). I have done business with him and highly recommend him.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Ed Faver

Rick-

Do you know where I can buy some 2 disc BD blanks? You were reading my mind about Cast Away. I got the BD at Best Buy for $9.99 and I want to pull my SD extras disc and store it with the BD feature.

Whoops! I found them on eBay! What I also need is a couple of the multi-disc cases. The case for my National Parks BD is a mess on the inside. The internal disc holders don't have the hinges needed to attach to the case.
Ed, i buy one and two disc Blu-ray cases from Sleeve City. The cases are the ones with the engraved BR emblem, as opposed to the silk screened one. They are quick, and they take care of any problems you might have, such as crushed cases. :P
Also, i just put out an order for 3, 4, 5 and 6 disc Blu-ray cases from Vernon Library supply. But i wont get it for another day or two. So i will let you know.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just noticed this week's Toys R Us ad -- buy any 2 Blu-Rays $24.99-$34.99 and get $10 off. Not spectacular, but it's something for the post-holiday retail blues.

Much better is buy any two of Dark Void, Army of Two: the 40th Day, Bayonetta, or Darksiders for PS3 or X360 and get a $60 gift card -- that's essentially buy 1 get 1 free on some hot new releases!

terry deto

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Terry
beatles!

http://www.popbuying.com/detail.pb/sku.The_Beatles_Remastered_Stereo_Box_Set_16_Discs___1_DVD-27560

http://www.buy.com/prod/the-beatles-mono-box-set-remastered-limited-edition/q/loc/109/211482296.html

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by terry deto

beatles!

http://www.popbuying.com/detail.pb/sku.The_Beatles_Remastered_Stereo_Box_Set_16_Discs___1_DVD-27560
Why do I get the feeling that their theme song would fit right in with a popular Disney Ride -- Yo Ho, Yo Ho

"We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot
Drink up me hearties, yo ho
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot
Drink up me hearties, yo ho

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks