Mike Frezon

Reaction score

Mike Frezon

Reaction score
Hey RoundUppers!

Some interesting titles this week. I will likely bite on this week's release of The Crucible sometime--along with Destry Rides Again.

A special note about the RoundUp moving forward:

A couple years ago, I ran a poll in association with one week’s RoundUp in which I asked if regulars wanted me to keep listing DVDs. I decided at the time to keep things the way they had been (listing multiple versions of any single new release).

But I have since found a way to pare down the listing to avoid duplication as I don’t believe there are many regulars who would choose a DVD version over an HD version of a release. I. of course, will still list any high-profile releases that are DVD-only (as is the case this week).

I will also continue to list both Blu-ray and 4k/UHD versions of releases when they happen.

Thanks!
Safe shopping!

Reactions: Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

No new releases for me this week.

Just Mercy is a great film but I'm not sure I would want to watch it enough to purchase it right now. It's absolutely worth a rental though..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks once again for all your work, Mike.
I can’t remember the last DVD I bought so what your new policy is is fine with me.

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Reaction score
Thanks Mike!

Between the buy two, get one UHD sale at Target last weekend and all of the digital copies I've been buying while self-isolating at home, I thankfully don't have anything to buy this week.

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Police Squad! and V: The Final Battle for me.

Thanks once again, Mike!

Rodney

Cinematographer
Premium
Reaction score
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike!

Police Squad (In Color!), Arrow's Sixteen Candles and Alastair Sim’s School for Laughter for me.

Reactions: TravisR

ScottJH

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Scott
Didn't know Arrow had gotten USA rights for Sixteen Candles. I've had the UK(region locked) release since this past July/August and the PQ improvement over the Universal release(s) are well worth it.

Best Buy has brought back the $9.99 & $14.99 Disney/Pixar/Marvel 4k Steelbook Deal of the Day(Sunday) sale with what looks like a new selection of titles.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/steelbooks-offer

Picked up Aladdin(animated), Ratatouille, Inside Out & Moana.

Reactions: ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
ManW
Best Buy has brought back the $9.99 & $14.99 Disney/Pixar/Marvel 4k Steelbook Deal of the Day(Sunday) sale with what looks like a new selection of titles.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/steelbooks-offer

Picked up Aladdin(animated), Ratatouille, Inside Out & Moana.
Thanks much!

... although wish they'd offer the same pricing for the regular, non-steelbook versions though. That plus why are they still doing some of them as in-store only deals???

Cheers!

_Man_

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Thanks much!

... although wish they'd offer the same pricing for the regular, non-steelbook versions though. That plus why are they still doing some of them as in-store only deals???

Cheers!

_Man_
They didn't start as in-store only deals, but that's the only place available for shipping after the items available for shipping sold out.

I put all the 9.99-14.99 in my cart last night and all of them were available for shipping at 1-2am ET when I looked, but by noon several had sold out for shipping (and several more in the last 2-3 hours) so only in-store shelf stock was left. Over time many of those may be moved back to the shipping warehouses or regional stores that are directly shipping.

Reactions: ManW_TheUncool

Mike Frezon

Reaction score

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alliebelle