Weeklt Sales...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andre F, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Check it out here. I'm surprised to see the new MK game outselling Metroid Prime and Splinter Cell. I guess a lot of people out there still like fatalities...
    Edit: Dan could you fix the spelling mistake in the title of this post? Thanks. :b

2. Adam Nixon

Adam Nixon Second Unit

If they included all 3 consoles for the Mortal Kombat numbers, then I'm not surprised to see it at #2. Regardless, #3 behind the GTA:VC juggernaut and a multi-platform franchise is pretty damn impressive. I bet it stays on the charts for a LONG time -- until Zelda is released.[​IMG]

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

MK is a big United States franchise. We like violence, and MK has been the videogame pinnacle of interactive violence. Before MK1 came out, I bet not nearly as many people knew what a fatality was in real life. Now, they think it involves gods with Japanese-ish names and metal body parts.

4. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

5. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

MK is going to sell bucketloads, especially on xbox/gc, who both have a very poor fighting game selection....it is a damn good game(even though there is only one fatality per fighter, but they were focusing on the gameplay)... It will also move a ton on ps2 because of the user base/controller....so Midway has the hit to help out there financial situation.

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer