What's new

weekend getaways (1 Viewer)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I need to get away for a long weekend.I am thinking leave on friday,come back on monday.I dont have a clue where to go though.
Flying there is ok and I have until atleast feb. until I can do anything so I have time to shop for the best deal.
Any ideas,or does anybody know of a place that will let you search for the best prices?
------------------
Chad's DVDs

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Are you looking for someplace warm, or do you like outdoor winter activities? Do you want to lay on a beach, play golf, ski or visit some attractions? There are a lot of possibilities, so narrowing it down by listing your likes/dislikes would help.
If you play golf, Myrtle Beach is a great long weekend destination. We just returned from a long weekend there (we own a condo). Golf prices are quite good in the winter, and there are over 120 courses to choose from. The airport is great -- small enough that it is not congested.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 1

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
no,not much of a golfer.I just looked into packages for the mall of america.That might be somting we would be interested in.
i will look into florida though,mabey disney or somthing would be enjoyable
------------------
Chad's DVDs

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Vegas baby!
Or Niagra Falls?
------------------
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
You can't go wrong with Disney, but its very expensive if you go all out for the full experience and stay in the park (which is really the only way to go).

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Looked at disney..a bit over my budget,ok,alot over my budget.
Mall of america or a trip to chicago(if we drive) looks like what might be best
------------------
Chad's DVDs

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
ok,im pretty sure we are just going to go to chicago.any hotel reccomendations..3 nights,like to spend less than $400 for one room
------------------
Chad's DVDs

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Nothing beats Vegas!!! I love it out there. You can get hotels on the strip at reasonable rates. Take in a few shows, blow or win some money. drink free alcohol and pick up a prostitute! All in one city... It almost brings a tear to my eye :)
Seriously though, I was out there in May with a friend and I'm dying to go back. Maybe I can win back some of the money I blew at the Black Jack tables. I saw the Blue Man Group while I was out there. It was just a good time. I was only there for a day, we just drove from LA to Vegas for the night and headed back bright and early the next day.
------------------
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Chad, I would recommend Disney/MGM/Universal in Florida. At Universal (back in 1994) I bought a VIP pass for $90 and had a tour of the place and got on all the rides without having to wait in line. Although this only last for a few hours, it was soooooo worth it. I've been to Orlando three times now and it was awesome. My wife and I went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. It was about a 5 hour flight from chicago. It was the best thing we ever did, next to getting married of course.
------------------
"People = Sh*t" - Slipknot
My Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Sam C

Stunt Coordinator
Chad --- I've been working in Minneapolis for the past 4 weeks and this past week some friends came in ... We did the Mall of America thing and not one of us was impressed ... Before you ask ... Yes there were ladies in the bunch who thought it was nothign to write home about either ... If you've been to any 2 story mall ... It seems no different ... Yes the Amusement Park thingy is cool to look at but after those 3 minutes are up the mall is rather boring ... The stores were 'normal' mall stores and once again nothign impressive ...
Now ... If you want to go to Minnesota go on up north and do a snowmobile or dogsledding trip ... There you can rent cabins or go on guided 'trips' ...
Being from right outside of Chicago I think it's a cool idea also ... There's tons to do there ... It can be rather pricey ...
St Louis is also within your driving range and there's some cool thigns to do there as well as I used to live there ...
[Edited last by Sam C on November 13, 2001 at 11:16 PM]

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Well you could also go see a Vikings, Wolves, and Wild game if you come now. :)
I don't know about guided tours, but Craguns a resort in Brainerd is open during the winter, they rent snowmobiles and it's near the Paul Bunyan trail. Lots of fun.
Sam, only 4 weeks? How do you like it? Where in the area are you?

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Hey Brad:
I grew up in Castries St.Lucia. How long ago were you there. Where did you stay. How many Pitons did you have?
I also went to the U of M Mpls. The MOA is no big deal. It does not even compare to the Sawgrass Mills mall in Florida. I also used to work in Rolling Meadows IL and did the drive to Mpls on weekends.
Now I've been living in Florida and I believe that you you would have a much better time in Disney ( I prefer Universal Studios and Island of Adventure) than you can ever have at the MOA. Plus we have plenty of sunshine.
Checkout orbitz.com for flights and rooms and get yourself an Entertainment book and you will be suprised to find just how affordable it is to come to Florida.
Good Luck.
------------------
Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.
hulk.jpg
3EMS Hometheater
[Edited last by Michael Mathius on November 15, 2001 at 01:12 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks