What's new

WEEDS Season 8 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Eighth and final season premiere 7/1/2012
Since last season only garnered 14 total posts, maybe this thread will live a short life, but I still find most of them really funny.
Goodbye Botwins and long live the Botwins.
The premiere had me rolling more than once. Is it a shadow of the early seasons -- probably, but all that matters is I found humor in the
show. I laugh more in any random 30 minutes of the worst of Weeds than I laughed at the whole run of Seinfeld (yes I;m apparently that guy and the only human in the English speaking world who just doesn't get it).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I enjoyed it a lot. I was surprised that they actually paid off the ending of last season very straightforward. I was waiting for a diversion or for something to not happen the way we thought... but they played it straight.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I was surprised that I actually enjoyed the premiere, considering how I pretty much hate-watched through season 6 and much of season 7, even though it was an improvement over season 6.

Doug Wilson has been (and still is) a useless character the last few seasons, and I wish he was gone already. Here's hoping I won't be hate-watching through this season.

I did enjoy the animated opening, recapping the entire series so far.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's finally over and I'm kind of sad. What a wonderful mixed up screwed family. I'm really going to miss laughing at and with this whole group
Final shows are never about the storyline now are they, but a chance to see everyone once again and say goodbye. I gotta say
man I needed subtitles to keep up with the characters of the last 90 minutes -- and still no Celia, no Jill, and no Heylia.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
What the heck was that? I thought the finale was terrible. The past two seasons haven't been good so I guess this is the best they could come up with the cap it off.
I think it would've been better if they left the show with Nancy's headshot.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I kept thinking the flash forward was an internal construct during Nancy's dying moments, a la An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge. But I guess Jenji wanted to end the series with all her sons telling her she's an awesome mom when in fact she is not. I guess I'm being old fashioned to think such a horrible person would get their comeuppance.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Hanson said:
I guess I'm being old fashioned to think such a horrible person would get their comeuppance. 
I didn't think she'd get a serious comeuppance (the show has always been more interested in saying how everyone in the world is a hypocrite than looking at what a piece of shit Nancy is) but I figured that maybe she'd look at the terrible things she's done and what a terrible person she is but you could still have a happy resolution after admitting that as well. Overall, I'd say this year and episode was about as good as any that came before it.
Also, I had to laugh at the idea that ten years in the future that marijuana would be legal, gay marriage would be widely legal and that there's universal health care. I'll be happily surprised if one of those things occur in the next 10,000 years in America.

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
I was somewhat disappointed with the final episode; but, this show had really run its course. I also think Kevin Nealon was highly underutilized the last two seasons. Oh, well. It was really groundbreaking when it started. It seemed real cutting edge. Now you have other "no holes barred" types of shows, like "Dexter" and "Shameless". Anyway, I also thought maybe Andy and Nancy would end-up together. (I guess he had to focus on veterinary school for his new show on NBC!)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Finally got around to watching the series finale, and have to admit, I did not think it was bad, as I did like the idea of the flashforward. But I'm glad to see the show finally come to an end. And even though I could not stand Doug the last few seasons, that scene where he finally reconciled with his son was nice.

Also glad to see a happy ending for Andy, which was possible once he was free of Nancy.

I was disappointed that there was no Celia. Not even a mention of her, which I can only assume, the actress left the show on bad terms.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Mom wheeled and dealed at a flea market and got me Season 1 through 7 (7 on blu, the rest on DVD) of this show for $20. All discs were like new. Hell of a deal!
I really liked the first 2 episodes but have yet to start on the show regularly. I plan to watch it with MadMen, which I've also only seen 2 of and have the first 3 seasons on Blu ray.
Anyway, glad I only need 1 more season to complete the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks