What's new

Weeds Season 7 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Season 7 starts tonight. Showtime through out a brief preview. I have to say, the BLEEPS make it funnier then it is.

ArchMike

Agent
Real Name
Mike Alavane
So now she's a gun runner? How many potheads are this motivated? It's like slow motion Reefer Madness on this show. Still, some funny bits.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The entire first episode is on Youtube (Under Showtime, legit) .. well, Nancy gets out of Jail and goes right back into the drug business. The show kind of went really farcical about season 3, and sometimes catches on and is funny, but often it's more goofball then not. Trading hand grenades for pot? Are you kidding me?

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was supposed to be the end but there's lots of chatter that they will go with season 8 as the last season.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I have no idea how they pull that off

The final "Shot" where it appeared a gunshot went off and Nancy was in the cross hairs of a sniper rifle kind of sealed the end to her career.. though talk about a crazy jump from "I have a wild idea" to "months later, in the Hamptons.."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mikah Cerucco said:
The shot can easily miss if they want another season.
Yeah, she'll either get winged or Jennifer Jason Leigh will accidentally get shot so they can explain her absense (the show is too inexpensive to be able to keep her on). However, this show is bad enough that they've had multiple characters disappear from one season to the next with zero explanation so maybe Nancy's sister and her kids will just vanish.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
TravisR said:
Yeah, she'll either get winged or Jennifer Jason Leigh will accidentally get shot so they can explain her absense (the show is too inexpensive to be able to keep her on). However, this show is bad enough that they've had multiple characters disappear from one season to the next with zero explanation so maybe Nancy's sister and her kids will just vanish.
Yeah because Jennifer jason lee is such an in demad actress, lol. Where did u get that nonsense from?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
MikeyWeitz said:
Where did u get that nonsense from?
Common sense. They drop no-name cast members about every other year so Jennifer Jason Leigh, who gets the "And" or "Special Guest Star" credit before her name, would be making more money than those other actors and that's too much money for this show to be able to afford for an entire season. According to IMDB, she's done 7 episodes and I guarantee that the majority of those appearances have been via webcams, video inteviews or security gate voice boxes. That was done either as a cost cutting measure or because Leigh was doing other work and not because they wanted to have her not be able to interact with the other actors.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
I think he was more implying that it might be possible to hire Leigh for about Union scale + a box of Oreos.
I never said that she was in any great demand but whatever her quote, it's pretty clear that Weeds can't afford it every week. Maybe that box of Oreos was too much for them to handle. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
MikeyWeitz said:
And this is clear how?
Because they keep dropping cast members/characters without explanation between seasons. That indicates that they've had to cut their budget and adding a new cast member is probably not something that they can afford. That being said, you can think whatever you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks