What's new

Weeds Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
When John Schneider was at EMA a few years ago, he brought the General Lee with him, and it was available for folks to see it in person, and snap photos of it.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think there are only 2 or 3 more episodes in this season. And I'm trying to figure out how the hell they get from where they are to any real point going forward.. Weeds has been re-upped for another season, so we know it's coming back, but I'm interested to see how the hell they get out of this without hopping a flight to running off to Ohio (Shane's original idea) or Denmark (Andy's idea).

The woman who threatened the extermination.. BRUTAL. So, now where does Nancy go?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Best episode of the season (Suck & Spit) Surprisingly funny. Some good scary moments also.. Shane getting shot. Nancy deciding she might say "yes" and go through with tying the knot... I really just hate Cecilia. Her character just sucks a lot of the momentum out of the show. The more screen time she gets, the less of the main plot works.

Good ep on the whole.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I hate Celia now too, her character doesn't work out of the suburbs. I wondered why they kept dragging her along and then I saw Perkins was just nominated for an emmy for Weeds, so I'm guessing we're stuck with her for a while.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Nancy has now 100% embraced being evil... holy cow, that was one hell of a finish to the episode. Almost feels like that PS3 game where your choices between good & evil get progressively bigger and more damning, and Nancy has slowly picked the small evils, but damn.. tonight she picked a HUGE one.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
imo, this show has really fallen off from its earlier seasons.

at this point i continue to watch to see how this is going to resolve itself.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Show got too stupid for me when the following things happened:

1.> Moved out of the 'Burbs never to return

2.> Every man that Nancy encountered finds her so beautiful that they are rendered stupid and powerless (Andy, Guillermo, Conrad, Peter, Esteban).

Edit: I forgot Sanjay and U-Turn.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Hmm.. as to 1: I thought it made for great moments, and it felt as though at some point she'd have to run..
In regards to 2: Not sure I agree... Andy didn't really figure out he cared for her until this year, and even that was passing, Guillermo never had a thing for Nancy of the love variety, he just liked banging her and they pointed out he banged quite a few of his womens.. that was part of what drew nancy to him; Peter had several dates with nancy, and then couldn't figure out a way out since he knew she was dealing drugs.. he then tried to cut her in and make money off nancy's enterprise and use her connections for that. ..

She's had a string of guys who used her, but nobody really fell "head over heels"

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Finally some Cecilia stuff paid off in some good jokes. I have no idea how the other plotline resolves.. still a total mess on that end.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by mattCR

Finally some Cecilia stuff paid off in some good jokes. I have no idea how the other plotline resolves.. still a total mess on that end.
Wasn't really worth it for the tiny payoff though, in my opinion.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I was completely blindsided by that ending. Wow. Next season is their last, but I have no idea where it goes now...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed rewinding that ending bit a few times. I think it's the way the body snaps in supposed recoil and then into the pool where the camera is pointed, otherwise it'd fall to the left and out of the frame. Fun stuff, though.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Ha my wife did the same thing. For her she like the sound it made - lol.

I told her they got the sound right because I was waterskiing once and I fell over the front and the tip of the ski wacked me in the head. I still have the bump and it was three years ago.

Same exact sound, amplified underwater.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks