What's new

Weeds Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I didn't care much for the previous season, I think the show lost something when they left the 'burbs. But I'll still watch it and hope it gets back to form.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

I think it lost something when it switched around from being comedic with slight drama to drama with slight comedy, and that the leaving the suburbs had nothing to do with it. (Aka I thought S3 was downhill and S4 was about the same.) Still, I'll watch a fifth season.

Season premier is June 8 for those who don't want to watch previews.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I will say this.. the good about the preview above is that it shows NOTHING from the new season, all of those scenes were from S4.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Great opening .. every time Cecilia got mentioned I laughed
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Diallo B

Screenwriter

i totally agree. i am still going to watch but i was sorely disappointed with last season. i felt that it was a total slap in the face to the viewers.

never having seen or heard of the show before i watched all four seasons back to back on the recommendation of a friend.

season four was well under par. especially the jump the shark scene at the end of season four.

will probably watch the s5 opener today.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I thought S4 was easily the best season since S1. The show had been fading fast before that and it brought it back strong as ever.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Last Season was kinda weak, this opener was pretty good, especially the kidnappers not getting anything for celia, but what was up with that 5 minute pad at the end with the Dancing, did the writers have a brain Cramp?

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
I didn't have a problem with last season at all. I thought it was brilliant. It was a bit darker but still had it's share of comedic moments, they were just a bit darker is all.

I like the reset and the direction it took. It kept it from getting stale and silly. I think the show is a great mix of comedy and drama which I refer to as "dramedy"

Diallo B

Screenwriter

i liked the darker tone. i just don't care for the interaction btwn nancy and the kingpin. it seems forced just like nancy's interaction with guillermo. for them to be heads of illegal organizations they sure are putting alot of trust in a gringo.

and the whole baby thing was eye rolling. must be a huge female following for this show for the writers to think they could get away with that. sounds like textbook cliff hanger for an 70-90's sitcom. announce a wedding, have a wedding, somebody gets pregnant or has a baby and you have the great cliff hanger. meh..........

i would have found it appropriate and interesting if they would have killed nancy and then moved on to silas and the cheese lady. nancy is a drug dealer. and drug dealers don't have the greatest lifespan especially when it is detirmined that they can not be trusted.

david simon, creator of the wire, was great at this. he kept a tightly written show while showing how people rise and fall in the drug trade. nancy got in deep and betrayed deeper. even if she is pregnant i find the kingpin not killing her to be inplausible. if nancy ratted out the whole organization i would have found that plausible.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit

I see were you are coming from.

You would be killing off the lead character though.

The Wire(Which was fantastic btw it may even have been better than the Sopranos..) was a sprawling story with many characters. I guess you would say McNulty was the lead character It but it really was a ensemble type of cast. A different structure to the show.

I don't think you'd be able to pull that off in this type of format. She' s the face of the show amongst other things...;)

I also thought that the Nancy and Guillermo relationship was great. There was great chemistry there.

One other thing.

Part of the charm of the show is seeing how Nancy gets herself in to these impossible situations and watching and wondering how she's going to make out of them.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Sometimes Nancy does things and you just have no sympathy. She thought she had clawed her way to the top of the criminal mountain, only to get kicked completely down. Wow. SInce SHO has already committed to another season, this could be a really wild ride until the end now.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
There's alot of things that make Nancy a bit unredeemable, one minute she's running back to the Kingpin, then the next she's fighting to get out. Also I don't understand what her going to the jail and taunting Guillermo is going to achieve other that her winding up dead along with her family, it makes no sense.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Nancy was with the kingpin for at least six months. So, she felt her position was very secure, she had been offered the wifey role, after all...

But then all of that changed, and the baby was going to happen "off the radar" which for her flagged her as all she needed to know that she would be off'd.

Meanwhile, she races off to have the kid in the hospital to get it on the record that she's the mother, live birth, and US citizenship attached.

That move may have been absolutely brilliant. Because now it becomes harder to easily off her and make the kid dissappear and get him across the border without abduction potential..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks