What's new

Weeds Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Got off to a pretty strong start tonight. I really liked the storylines, and this show never fails to get the comic punch.

What I always feel in touch with is the soundtrack to this show which is phenomenal. I wish I knew the names of all the songs used, but they do such a good job expressing what's going on with the show.

The dialog in some of the scenes - like the city council scene - was priceless stuff.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Enjoyed as well.

One of few decent shows left after Deadwood goes off for good :frowning:

Too bad it is only 30mn like Entourage. They need to be 1hr episodes.

Was it in HD last year? I didn't think it was, but was last night :)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yep, thanks. But this season is an all new soundtrack, so while I have the first season soundtrack, I had to track down a few from that show.

Here's one that caught my eye:

http://www.jennyowenyoungs.com/

(What the f*(& was I thinking? song)

That song they played during the end credits, I've heard it a lot but I don't know the title. It's the "badda-badda-bi-di-di-ba" skat kind of song, just a guy who rappid fire throws that stuff out there. Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
What a bombshell to end an episode on! I wish Weeds got more attention then it does, but here's hoping that this level of smart writing will continue to attract viewers.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I thought the first couple episodes were okay, maybe not up to last season.

But that final scene, WOW! The way MLP played it was just perfect.

Now where does it go?

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
This is an awesome show! Completely ADDICITED to it.
MLP is awesome and I love celia (sp)

Yeah and with the whole dealer thing..... SCARY!
My guess is the DEA guy is gonna be cool with it or help her someway. After all he is crazy for her!

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I'd rather he not find out for a long time than find out and be OK with it. If he finds out and is OK with it, he's a sham.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
well, what'd everyone think of episode 3? i thought it was a bit of a cop-out. the thing about jerk-off was funny.

why does the son want to have children with the deaf chic?

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Because he loves her and feels that getting her pregnant is the only way that she will stay with him vice going off to Yale.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've only seen a couple episodes, but I must say I thought "The Sock Left Behind" was perhaps the funniest thing I've seen in many years. Just plain full blown warped, sick, and tear wiping hysterical.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
He had better hope his girlfriend NEVER finds out about that BS. He'd find himself getting shot.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I love this show. This week was really good stuff; Nancy gets a nice "gift" from her "husband", an explanation about why an adult takes a kid to a "happy endings" massage clinic.. and more ;) Laughed my butt off. The bit regarding her kid, however, was tragic.. but played well.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Brilliant stuff! Silas has been a real dick recently, perhaps he'll now be a little more civil to his mother.

As ever, Andy is the screw-up, now that he's gone and unnecessarily ripped up all the plants, will Nancy even have enough capital to replace them?

I did think it a little odd that her "husband" was prepared to go so far: initially he referred to her as "a suburban housewife selling dimebags" and therefore she wouldn't be on his radar, but if she's a grower as well?

Also, if he goes undercover, how could he appear on TV as a DEA spokesman? Kinda ruins future assignments, no?

And Heylia trying to get it on with Joseph (or shouldn't that be Yusuf?), who's trying to stay true to his religious principles? "Are you available for marriage?" -- had me in stitches.

What an excellent show, this is. And just getting better.

BTW, you lot must have noticed: instead of the scratchy female singer, each week it's a different arrangement, with a different singer, last week it was in another language, this week it was orchestral and without vocals. What next, acapella? (Or have they already done that? Don't think so.)

ChrisCAB

Stunt Coordinator
Love this show. One complaint - it may have seemed like a good idea in theory to have a different performer do the themesong each week, but I haven't liked the results thus far. The song is great as performed by the original singer, but doesn't really lend itself to significant reworkings. I especially didn't like Death Cab's version (and I'm a big Death Cab fan).

Other than that, perfect.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
This show is killing me this year. Routinely funny and the plots are involving. I may not always like the characters, but some of the plots are so damn funny that you just have to pay attention.

Brief rundown:

* Date an agressive Jewish woman who was formerly an Israeli counter-terrorist and she decides you're too feminine for her.. until she f*(& you up the (*&.

* Get your toes eaten by a dog. Gets you out of military duty.

* Have your husband "give" you a neighborhood by arresting all the competition

I can't say the characters are all lovable, but this is one of the better shows on TV right now. Too bad it doesn't get enough attention. Showtime has two GREAT series going at this moment, here's hoping neither dies. (I'll post about the other shortly)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks