Weed Eaters, Trimmers and Such

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Chris Huber, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Chris Huber

Chris Huber Second Unit

Hey guys, do any of you use the weed eaters that have the multiple attachments? They've got Edgers, Blowers and Weed Eater ends that you can put on? Do these work well?

2. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

I have a Ryobi 4cycle. It's solid. I only have the weed trimmer attachment. I have a seperate blower. I did borrow my friends tiller attachement and it worked pretty well. Not as good as a stand alone probably, but for small projects and getting in between the flower beds it did the job extremely well. Another friend has the blower attachment and he likes it. We just buy what the other guy doens't have and then trade off. I am thinking about getting the hedger attachment next.
    I say if you have a small to medium yard and need it for touch-ups or light stuff then get one.

3. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Second Unit

I have a Ryobi 2 stroke with the tree limb trimmer, string trimmer, edge trimmer, and leaf blower attachments. They all work well for me.

If you have never edge trimmed your lawn before the attachment is not powerful enough to dig out a deep trench all at once but once the edge trench is dug it works fine. Also it will tend to jam up with the clay soil around here if the soil is moist. Other than that everthing works great. I have had mine for 5 years and I have not had any issues with it.

Laters,
    Jeff

4. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    I have a four-stroke with string trimmer, brush trimmer, edge trimmer, and tiller. The tiller works surprisingly well, though it's for small jobs only. I second Jeff's assessment of the edger. It works ok, but I do have to unclog it occasionally. It's still better than having a dedicated edger to maintain and store.

I've had to replace the cable in the motor assembly. The square hole in the receiving end of the cable rounded out so it would no longer drive the attachments. However, with an acre-sized lot, I do run it excessively hard, especially when dealing with the underbrush on the back slope. I'm happy with the system.

5. John Alvarez

John Alvarez Screenwriter

I have the Ryobi also. Had it for 10 years and works great.

6. Mike Voigt

Mike Voigt Supporting Actor

Ditto. It works great; I have the string & edge trimmer and the blower/bagger. Nifty little tool, but I'd recommend it for smaller lots only.

7. Chris Huber

Chris Huber Second Unit

Just picked up the royobi with the blower attachment. It works awesome! I thought the blower would work worth a squat... Works just as well as a stand alone! Thanks guys.